
The picture on this post is from a surgery that was done back in 1999 on a 21 week fetus to fix some major Spina Bifida defects. The baby's hand looks so tiny next to the doctors finger! It is a really neat story and the baby was born and is a healthy little boy now. There is a lot of speculation surrounding this picture - especially when it comes to abortion advocates and anti-abortion activists - and whether or not the baby was holding the doctors hand...good grief. Regardless it is a miracle to me and there is no doubt in my mind that it is human and alive...if you want to read more about the story go to...
Baby Samuel

6 comments:
AAAAAAHHHHHH!! My eyes! You should warn us about graphic pictures!
Actually I think it's very cool that doctors can fix stuff like that while the baby is still developing.
I could never, ever be a nurse!
I am glad you didn't study to be a mortitian in school. There is no telling what pictures we would see then.
But really, its a cool picture after you get over the shock. The baby looks like he is responding and that is sweet when you think about it. Don't you wonder what the baby was "thinking" about all of this? Maybe he was told by the angels it is going to be ok, don't be afraid.
Mom
I have heard that story and I agree with you. So small and so precious.
aww!!
I'm glad your baby is healthy and we can't wait for her to get here.
It will be here before you know it!
Amazing!
Post a Comment