This week Baby-Schaefy weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14.4 inches long with her legs extended. She can now open and close her eyes, and she sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. She may suck her fingers, and although her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning - with assistance - if she were to be born prematurely. Any rhythmic movement I may be feeling could be a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and isn't bothersome to her. With more brain tissue developing, her brain is very active now! Wonder what she's thinking...I actually think she's thinking my stomach is too small and she's too crowded. Sometimes it feels like she's trying to kick her way out! Or try to get more room in there. She likes to play games too - any time we put pressure on my tummy (folding my arms across my stomach, or just laying a hand on) she likes to kick/punch at it. It's pretty funny. I think she was practicing her one-two punches on my forearm on Sunday. She sure is a sweet little girl and we love her more everyday! And once again I forgot a belly picture...sorry everyone who's been asking for one. I'll try to remember.
For all those mommy's out there - what can I do for lower backpain? I've heard a lot of things...any proven suggestions that might offer some relief at the end of the day? =)

6 comments:
Cauliflower -- I know what that is!! But -- a small cauliflower, or a large cauliflower? No one knows!!
Lower back pain? Sleep on your back with a couple of pillows under your knees.
This is hard for people who usually sleep on their side or stomach, but it helped me.
It's harder to sleep on your back later in the pregnancy. I had to have pillows propped up all around me!
Plus Ryan should probably give you a backrub.
I can't wait! i still need to finish the blanket!
Hmmm...it wont be long now. Hmmm...I didn't have to much back pain until later. Stop moving boxes even ones you think you can lift...and yes back rubs are good. I went for a pregancy massage towards the end, which is really unusual for me, but it was bad enough to get one.
Warm bath maybe and one of those thermal pads on your back. But dont keep it on you too long, I think I heard its not good for the baby to do that.
HOpe it gets better for you.
From: Mel
I am so excited for you!!! I totally remember when the constant discomfort started in my pregnancy. It doesn't help when people start asking you if you're ready to pop and if you are almost due... maybe it was just me because I got HUGE! but you can take warm baths just not hot enough to raise your body temperature. The bath water cools down pretty quick. i also recieved a massage when i was pregnant and it was heavenly. They just steer clear of certain areas that have been thought to induce labor. sorry so long
Post a Comment