Baby-Schaefy now weighs about 2.5 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. Her bones are hardening more each day - taking at least 250 milligrams of calcium daily. Good thing I drink a lot of milk! She will continue to open and close her eyes in the womb and may be able to see silhouttes of objects or even people in the right amount of light. Research has shown she is not only able to hear, but also able to recognize my voice by now...I would say Ryan's voice too...but mostly she can probably just recognize his "boo's" and his growling. Yes, he growls at the baby. I think he's trying to toughen her up or something. =) At least we won't have a sissy!
And still no pictures of my belly or the new house...I can't find the box we packed the camera cord in to transfer pics to the computer...hopefully soon.
She kicks a ton! Ry laid his head on my stomach the other night and she just kept kicking him in the ear over and over again - she likes her space! And Mel was able to feel her kick the other day - first to feel her besides Ry and me!

6 comments:
Keep growling Ry! Will help the child know from day one who's in charge!!!
:)
grandma was telling me the other day that he was feeling her and she was slugging him. i thought that was pretty funny. still haven't seen you guys - a little paranoid that you really are watching us through binoculars! :) just kidding. we were thinking of coming over and knocking on all the doors over there until we figured out which was your house.
Holy cow, you are getting so close to your due date! I am so excited for your little one to arrive. I have enjoyed mine so much, so I know all about the fun and cuteness that's coming your way!
and congrats on the new house, so fun!
Hey D&J - we've been wanting to have you guys over...but every spare minute has been spent at the old apt cleaning...lame! Finally done today, thanks to Grandpa and his mad carpet cleaning skills. =) We are in 1706 - come over anytime!! We'll for sure have you over this weekend!
It was a really hard kick...I can't wait till she's here, and I can cuddle her.
Post a Comment