The ultrasound tech tried to double check her gender and I'm sure she's a girl - so lady like she wouldn't uncross her legs one bit! Even with all the poking. He gave up after a little while. Crossed arms and legs and all squished up. Sounds cozy.She also had her first test and passed with flying colors! 100%, 8/8. She was tested on movements, breathing (the amniotic fluid), and measurements. So she gets her first gold star.
So with the new 'due date' in mind, and the fact that lots of babies come at 37 weeks...we could even be seeing our little girl in the next 3-4 weeks!!! I'm just hopefully speculating, but it is very exciting to think! And a little scary to realize how much I need to get done and ready just incase she does come that early.
'By now, Baby-Schaefy weighs 3.75 pounds (like a large jicama - also known as a Mexican potato) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space. She'll gain roughly a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preperation for birth.' - babycenter.com

9 comments:
I can't even believe you are almost due. hey Emma came at 36 1/2 weeks so you never know, but I better be on your list of people to call and tell when she does decide to come!
I'm so excited! i still don't have that blanket done!
Hey baby -- stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!!
Mexican potato!! Now those people are just messin with ya. "....yah, your baby is the size of a middle-aged hedgehog named Bernice." pppffffffft!
This is the second time I have been to your site today (stalker) and the first time I could not make out the picture. This time all the detail jumped out at me immediately. So fun! The end is when time speeds up and slows down at the same time.
WOW! It is a good thing that your baby shower is next weekend. You will need time to go through your stuff and get the remaining things that you will need. If she comes early.
its not this weekend, but next. I'm sure that's what you meant.
I can't wait. For her to come, and to see her. I wonder if you'll have a big baby like I had. I wonder. I just thought it was big cause he was late and because I ate so much while he was in me.
So much chocolate!
Anyway, I'm excited for you shower too...should be really fun.
I'm glad your fluid is at a good level, and you and the baby is doing great.
I wonder if you will have the baby before your shower in Kaysville.
I LOVE JICIMA!!!
and i love your little baby schaefey:)
Wow! I can hardly believe she is so close to getting here! How did the time fly so fast? Did it go fast for you too, or did it seem to drag? I felt like I was pregnant forever with my first two babies, and them my others sped by, with my last pregnancy feeling like it was about a minute long sometimes. Werid, I know.
Post a Comment