GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

34 Weeks - Crenshaw Melon Baby

Had another doctor's appointment today. Baby-Schaefy is doing good - still big, still head down, and kickin' crazy. She really likes to push her feet against my ribs, or up underneath them...very strange feeling. I had a long talk with her today about how mommy's lungs and stomach are not punching bags for her to play with. Pretty sure she just ignored me...=)

Ry is putting a fresh coat of paint on the bassinet tonight and it'll be all ready to go. My hospital bag is packed for the most part - just some little things. We're both just very ready for her to come, and now it's just a waiting game. There are a few things that make me think she is coming early - first, she's big - second, I think she's ready to come out and play - third, I don't think my stomach can stretch much farther - and fourth, women with epilepsy tend to have their babies early. So...who knows! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I played a mean April Fool's joke on Ry...I told him my water broke...I've never seen someone go into panic mode so quickly. It only took about half a second for me to feel bad and tell him I was just teasing. =)

I found this super cute surfer-girl swimsuit at Old Navy - so she'll be way stylish hanging out on the beach at Bear Lake with her mommy & daddy. I love it!

"Baby-Schaefy is still packing on the pounds - at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18.5 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath." - babycenter.com

11 comments:

D'N'J said...

that WAS really mean! but pretty funny i bet too! i loooove the suit, very adorable.

CAF said...

I know -- SOME people are taking their time!!!

Troy said...

I would have let Ry suffer much longer than half a second!

Elicia said...

that's great!! i love that joke!! it was perfect! nobody thankfully tried to pull one on me, of which i am so grateful! i tend to believe people more than think about what day it was!

Jake & Becca said...

Wow you finally look pregnant, you were always so cute and tiny and now you look like I did probably about a month or two earlier than you! You're such a cute and beautiful expecting mother! Love the swimming suit too. Can't wait to see the little doll.

Heidi said...

The swimming suit is adorable. I love baby swim suits.

MStevenson said...

Cute preggy belly barb! You look way good.

I feel like I haven't seen you forever.

You'll be surprised how much stretchier your tummy will get. Sadly it will never be the same. :)It will be so tight by the end!

The suit is cute! So fun! You'll have to get some beach type professional pictures done, with you know, beach or summer looking backdrop.

MStevenson said...

Hey, test to see how my new pic looks. :)

D'N'J said...

so... baby? get out here already!

Heather said...

You're lookin totally cute Barb, such a cute, tiny, tum! And I love that you got a cute suit with a protective swim shirt for your wee one! I am ALL ABOUT the swim shirts for babies & kidlets, the last thing a tiny baby with brand new skin needs is sun damage and a sunburn, but as I can see you are all over this Barb, way to go!

BlondieBlueEyes said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!