GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Monday, April 07, 2008

Lately...

This is just a bit of what we've been up to lately...Last week we accidently wore the same thing, how embarrassing! Way too matchy for me. But it was too funny, we had to take pictures. Ry blames me, because he was dressed first - but in my defense, I was sleepy and didn't remember what he left the house wearing when I got ready for work.

Conference was great this weekend! I really loved every bit of it. We were able to get some tickets from the stake for the second session on Sunday and it was amazing! There is something so special about being in the Conference Center listening to the apostles and the prophet of the Lord that is so strengthening to my testimony. I feel so blessed to live so close to SLC. There were a lot of people there that you could tell had traveled a long ways to go to just one session and it really made me not want to take it for granted.

If you missed any of it you can go to LDS.org and listen/watch any of the sessions and talks in a variety of languages.

The protesters weren't even that bad. One guy was pretty funny though - he was standing among the protesters - red sunglasses, devil horns, black cape, with a sign that read "Hi, My name is Satan. These street preachers are my missionaries!" He was all smiles and waving to everyone coming out...just think about it. I found it pretty comical. I doubt he was a member, but it was funny. Wish I had gotten a picture of him.

5 comments:

Elicia said...

that's hilarious! i would have loved to see that!

Troy said...

A pic would have been great!

I'm jealous that you got to attend!

D'N'J said...

that guy is awesome too.

CAF said...

Yes, I totally want to go biking with you this summer. Get ready!!

MStevenson said...

I liked it too.