I decided to start with the very fundamentals for the first Fat Friday - water & walking. It doesn't get any easier or more basic than that! Keep reading...I promise you'll learn something!Water
The general rule of thumb is 8 - 8oz glasses a day (64 oz total). This varies depending on your health, environment (hot & humid), and activity level. Also, if you're pregnant or breastfeeding you should double this (so my goal is 128 oz a day). It is possible to drink too much - but very rare, and you really would have to be drinking a ridiculous amount of water to do so.
Walking
Challenge: Drink at least 8 - 8oz glasses of water a day, every day this week (more if needed). Points can be earned for each day this is accomplished.
Goal: Figure out your walking level by taking the quiz - and start! You can earn points for every day you walk and meet your personal goal - no matter what your level!
Next week I'll let you know what point values you can earn for the above challenge and goal - haven't figured it out yet. =) Good luck!
- Serves as a lubricant
- Forms the base for saliva
- Forms the fluid that surround the joints
- Regulates body temperature
- Alleviates constipation - great detox
- Regulates metabolism
- Helps to prevent certain diseases
- Helps you lose weight and keep it off!
The general rule of thumb is 8 - 8oz glasses a day (64 oz total). This varies depending on your health, environment (hot & humid), and activity level. Also, if you're pregnant or breastfeeding you should double this (so my goal is 128 oz a day). It is possible to drink too much - but very rare, and you really would have to be drinking a ridiculous amount of water to do so.
Walking
- Reduced risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and other killer diseases
- Manage blood pressure
- Weight management
- Stress management
- Depression Prevention
- Relieve arthritis & back pain
- Strengthen muscles, bones, and joints
- Improve sleep
Challenge: Drink at least 8 - 8oz glasses of water a day, every day this week (more if needed). Points can be earned for each day this is accomplished.
Goal: Figure out your walking level by taking the quiz - and start! You can earn points for every day you walk and meet your personal goal - no matter what your level!
Next week I'll let you know what point values you can earn for the above challenge and goal - haven't figured it out yet. =) Good luck!

7 comments:
This is Mom. I am taking up the challenge of 64 ounces of water a day, and 30 minutes of walking a day. Plus Dad wants me to cook at least one hot meal a day. I can do that!
Bring it!
Cool. I actually just got back from a long walk, and then came in to read your post. I just went and printed off the walking program for me....they have a cool chart and stuff....on that link you gave to the quiz.
The water is a hard one for me to remember.
Thanks for the info B. I'm totally in with the fat friday club, I guess I'll disband the 'I hate Barbara' Club.
Also, I was talking with Korby today, and she said maybe sometime(not for a bit, but) we should get everyone together for a play date, and she can teach us yoga.
Oh, I'm totally in. I need to lose all the extra rolls I have. It's disgusting!
love it! maybe today we were driving home from park city and i was PARCHED, i mean, really really really parched- then i realized it was 4:45 and i couldn't remember drinking ANY water today! despicable, huh!? i drank a lot when i got home:)
jeff worked up a sheet for us on excel that tracks the times we walked and figures how fast we went per mile and how many mph. it's pretty handy to have.
I'm in. (Mel, you're going to have to keep on me though, I'm kind of a slacker. Can you be mean and yell at me please? I'm going to need it) I seriously have some rolls that need to be lost. rrrrrrroooooollllllllssssss! Ok, enough of that.
I'd like to sit down with you and go over how to make pictures in Photoshop similar to the ones you have on the title bar of your blog.
Post a Comment