GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Friday, May 23, 2008

Yoga & The Inevitable Truth...

Yoga: any of the methods or disciplines prescribed, esp. a series of postures and breathing exercises practiced to achieve control of the body and mind, tranquillity, etc.

The Inevitable Truth: I am so out of shape, yoga even kicked my butt the other day! Ridiculous...


As far as pounds go - I only weigh 6 more than I did pre-pregnancy. I've really lost it all fast, I fit into all my old clothes. I thought I was doing pretty darn good...until I decided to forgo the suggested 6 week wait before exercising and pulled out my yoga tape & mat yesterday. I only did the beginning yoga workout & sadly realized that I am really out of shape. My muscle tone is nearly non-existant & flexibility...forget about it.

So, for my own sanity & potential public humiliation upon not completing certain goals (forced motivation) I am starting a regular post that will be titled "Fat Friday". Fat Friday will be about anything health related - healthy eating & recipes, workout goals, weight maintanence/loss, anything that is on my mind. I may even do weekend challenges so anyone reading that needs some motivation can have it.

Anyone interested in participating in Fat Friday? Let me know! Also, I'm ready for any suggestions on how to safely start working out now that baby is here (as much as my legs ache to run full speed, I know that would be pure stupidity at this point). And as soon as possible I will be taking your yoga class Korby! =)

11 comments:

Troy said...

I plan to be fat on every Friday. Thanks!

Bobbie said...

WOW, what a good idea! Fat Friday reminds me of Fat something that has to do with parties in New Orleans. I am up for anything that suggests a party. The older I get, the more I want to party!

Well, ok, I need to join because I AM FAT. There, I said it. And yes, I am ready!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan to me.

I bought an exercise ball and a tape after Tate was born, I could tell the difference when I was doing it. Needless to say it has been a while. I also own an elliptical trainer, don't even get me started on what a huge mistake that was.

CAF said...

Mom says she knows exactly where those 6 pounds are.

D'N'J said...

sorry, i don't believe in "yoga". :)

JO said...

Barb, This is JoLynne. I am not sure if you remember me but I am Mike and Amanda's friend. I also dated Spencer Holmgren while you and Amanda were roommates. I was even in your married student ward for a brief time. Anyway, Congrats on your baby girl. I am expecting a baby boy in 5 weeks. I can't believe you only weigh 6 pounds more than your pre-pregnancy weight. That is incredible. How did you do it? I am a little nervous about getting rid of my baby weight. Any tips would be highly appreciated :) You can leave a comment on our blog: www.curtnjo.blogspot.com

MStevenson said...

Lets just say I'm close to what I weighed when I was 8 months pregnant. My boy is a year and a half and I haven't lost any weight.

In addition to the Fat Friday club, does anyone want to join me in the "I hate Barbara" club. Barbara you look so good for just having a baby. We're all jealous of you.

We need to go on more walks B.

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you start yoga, I want to come too! I love that nursing helps you loose the weight so much better and faster, yeah for the human body! I'm totally in on fat friday, you are the most brilliant person I know! Love!

Melissa said...

Barbara... i am all over fat-friday. I am interested to see what you have to say. I only have nine pounds to go to be pre-pregnancy (i gained about 50!) And I am interested in anything that will help rid me of the last 10.

BlondieBlueEyes said...

Barbara that is Amazing that you are ONLY 6 lbs away. It took me years to lose all my baby weight. I look forward to Fat Friday posts and doing yoga with you.

BlondieBlueEyes said...

Barbara if you want I can make you some headbands. I will have lots of down time over the next 6 weeks so I can make you some or you can come over and I will show you how to make them. Just let me know colors or when you are able to get together. They are so easy.