GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Friday, June 27, 2008

Fat Friday - Wk 5 - Yikes

I really put off doing this post, so I don't really have anything profound to say about health or exercise. However, I can tell you that trying on clothes at DownEast Outfitters is definitely depressing as heck. Just got back and all I can say is yikes...I'm sure all the moms out there can understand. My baby weight is gone, but my body shape is totally different! I don't even know what size I am...So onward I press.

We went hiking this week - Sadie's first hike. It was a lot of fun, but not long enough. We'll have to go again when we have more time. Sure did feel good to get outside and enjoy the warmth, plus it was a good workout! So that is my suggestion - the gym is great, but try to get outside and have fun while working out this week. Do something new!

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

Yes, Mother's are also inspiration to others. I love the comment, Onward I press.

That says it all for me!

I would suggest, that in your post, you add a P.S. and mention that the rattle snakes are especially numerous this year. True. So, while you are out and about, which is MY FAVORITE way to walkabout, be careful.

Thanks. (once a Mother, always a Mother)

Elicia said...

does working inside for 12 hours count as exercise? (okay, so i'm a little complainy, but you would be too if you sat around for more than 2 hours being a cashier for the cafe, and then being the bar tender for the dining room after that! ;) )

MStevenson said...

Hey Jordan are you pinching our Sadie?