How Long Did We Date: We were friends for a couple of years first, then dated for about a year and a half before his mission - then dated for 2 months after his mission before we got engaged.
CLICK TO ENLARGE
How Long Have We Been Married: 3 years on August 19th!How Old Is He: 24
Who Eats More: Ryan - the bottomless pit. I always tease him that he has one hollow leg where the extra food goes.
Who Said I Love You First: Ryan did. He says I paused & then shyly said it back...truth be known I was scared out of my mind because I really did love him & we were still so young. And I was always so non-committal.
Who Is Taller: Ryan, by far! I love it! I can still wear high heels.
Who Is A Better Singer: Ryan says "you are obviously" - before his mission he didn't sing much, but when he got home I was shocked at how good he was! Singing those hymns for two years really got him going. He sings different parts now and everything.
Who Is Smarter: Do I even need to answer this question!? How embarrassing...Ryan is of course. Mr Rocket Scientist. He remembers everything too & he knows random facts about a lot of things that I've never even heard of before. His brain is so sexy...=)
Who Does The Laundry: We both do - just whoever notices that it needs to be done. I do it a lot more now that I stay home with Sadie though. But Ry still does it a lot too.
Who Does The Dishes: Usually me - but Ry is awesome at jumping in to help when I need it. And he rinses his dishes just like I like it! I don't even have to ask. He even has given in to my OCD stacking of the dirty dishes so they're easier to load.
Who Mows The Lawn: Ryan does - it's actually the first time we've had a lawn to mow since we've been married.
Who Cooks: Both - usually it's a joint effort for dinner around 9pm when we've figured out what to eat. I make him lunch. And when I really don't want to cook (not my favorite thing sometimes) he does all of dinner!
Who Drives: Usually Ry when we're together.
CLICK TO ENLARGE
Who Proposed: Ry did - and it was a total surprise! We knew we were getting married, had picked out the ring, even had the temple date set - but he had told me he hadn't been able to get a hold of my dad to ask permission yet (he was in San Diego at the time), & he wasn't able to get the ring yet due to financing issues. Well, that was all a lie. He had bartered with my dad & I'd been traded for a 6-pack of diet pepsi, and he'd bought the ring with cash. So, we're shopping in SLC & Ry's bro-in-law, Dustin, calls inviting us to go on a plane ride while he gets hours for his pilots license (which he'd taken up a lot of family, so it wasn't an abnormal invitation). I decline out of fear & tell Ry I'll just watch from the ground. He was VERY adamant about me going too - and after realizing if the plane went down I'd want to be in it with him (morbid, I know), I gave in. So here we are in a tiny little 4-seater plane soaring over Antelope Island & the Great Salt Lake at sunset - beautiful! Due to weight issues, I was in the back alone (sad) & Ry upfront with Dustin, filming the whole thing. After circling the same spot a couple of times & pointing out a campsite - Dustin finally told me to look at the sand - duh! There in the sand in huge (10' about) letters was written "B, Will You Marry Me? Love R" - totally cute! I about died! Then Ry handed me the ring, which had been tied to the drawstring of his pants all day long while we'd been shopping...crazy boy! Lucky it didn't fall off. Best engagement ever. He really knocked my socks off with that one - and I'm a hard girl to surprise, I usually figure things out.Who Is More Stubborn: Me, a lot more. I just know I'm right & I'm very opinionated - and Ry is very willing to let me keep thinking I'm right even when I'm not. =) He is very easy going.
Who Is More Sensitive: Me probably, Ry just lets things roll of his shoulders usually.
Who Wears The Pants: Ry does - but we have more of an equal relationship...like we're sharing the pants. =)
First Kiss: Ry asked me the summer we started dating (2001) if I was a "True Dart" - old high school tradition. I said no, & he promptly asked if I'd like to become one...sly, very sly. So we planned our kiss, had to be a full moon at midnight & we had to kiss at the 'D' on the football field. June's full moon rolled in around the same time Ry's family decided to go visit grandma - so I made him wait another month for July's full moon. Ha! =) So he took me on a fun date, we ate at Red Robin, and at midnight we went to the D. He was so nervous - his knees were shaking, I was his first kiss - me being a lip-slut by this time, not so nervous...wow. I'm really making myself sound horrible. In the middle of the kiss the sprinklers turned on & we got drenched running off of the football field. It was perfect.
CLICK TO ENLARGE
TAG - You're It!

11 comments:
I had forgotten how he proposed. So romantic. Your pictures are the cutest. It's fun to see the older ones, you both look so little and young, one person more than the other....:)
Your wedding photo's are so cute too.
i think it's fun that you have some great pictures of good times! wish we had some.
i've been debating doing this, i usually don't jump on the bandwagon . . . :)
[baby voice]
Who's got a sexy little mind? You do!
[/baby voice]
No, really. Very nice Barb :)
I usually don't either D - but I thought this one was way fun.
So fun to see the changes in the pictures. You two are so dang cute. I remember the drafting class. And how we looked up his address in the phone book so we could drive by one night. I remember how you complained when he joined the marching band, because you were concerned it would take up too much time, taking time with him away from you. But you joined the band staff, that was a smart move. I didn't raise any dummies.
The pics of you guys in high school kill me. So little!!
Hahahhahaha you share the pants.
Just when I think that you two couldn't get any cuter...
it's cute how you guys are little babies!
which i just mean . . . uh, that you look so little.
it's cute.
Oh sheesh roomie this makes me miss you a lot bit! I love you both and love that even for a year I shared your life!!! (Even if Ry is smelly...)
Gorgeous Pictures!!! You are such a cute couple.
You guys have such a neat proposal story. That is so fun. And I love your pictures!
Post a Comment