GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary to us!!

3 years!! Wow, sure went by fast & yet we've done so much, been through a lot of changes, and grown so much together. I am so blessed to have Ry as my eternal companion - marrying him in the temple was the best decision I ever made. He is so patient, kind, and giving. He even loves when I get crazy! And being around him makes me a better person.

I remember having nightmares before he came home from his mission that he would step off the plane, take one look at me, and say something like..."yeah, you're just not that great. I don't really like you anymore", shrug his shoulders and walk away...bad, bad dreams. Boy am I glad we got married before he could realize he could do better! =)

Our wedding day was perfect & so much fun - getting all dressed up, being surrounded by family and friends, the flowers, dancing...but more than anything I remember how special it was to be in the temple with Ry & the blessings of that day and the choices we made to get there will effect us & our children forever.

It's been a great three years for sure, I can't imagine going through life with anyone else. Even through hard times Ry always has a good positive attitude and knows how to have fun! I love how easy going he is. And it only gets better!

7 comments:

D'N'J said...

yay for you guys! i hope you get to do something fun to celebrate. i heard you were just house shopping today, and i bet ryan was working. so do something fun soon! :) ditch the kid (heh heh heh) just for a date.

Troy said...

Yay for you guys! Three down and infinity to go!

Elicia said...

that's great! you two are just to fun and cute!

The Kippen House said...

Congratulations! You are so beautiful, and Ryan...what a hunk! :) I've never met two people more perfect for each other! Happy Anniversary! Can I tend Sadie tonight so you can have a hot date? Love you!

Bobbie said...

Can I get serious here for just a moment? Good.

Put each other first.
Hide nothing from each other, good or bad.
Serve each other in small ways.
Hold fast together to the iron rod.
And in forty seven years from today, you will be even more in love.

Love you BOTH, Mom and YOM.

MStevenson said...

Happy Anniversary! wow, three years is that it? Seems like you guys have been together forever.

Love you both, have a fun time.

BlondieBlueEyes said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! 3 Years and a Beautiful Baby:)