GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our Days Are Numbered


In less than 2 weeks I have to bid farewell to my beloved Cache Valley. With Ry starting his new job we knew a move was coming, but closing on our house wasn't supposed to happen till the end of September. Well, turns out we couldn't get the mortgage because the government goes well above and beyond (as usual) so Ry's probation period is a whole year instead of the normal 30-90 days for a new job...I was preparing myself emotionally to be ready by the end of Sept - but after finding out about the mortgage we just decided we better find an apartment and move quick. Rip it off like a bandaid, right?! Hopefully a little less painful if I don't have time to think about what's happening until it's already passed.

You'd think a girl who moved around so much growing up could handle this - but I've lived in Cache Valley longer than I've lived anywhere else in my life. It is my home, my heart is here. This is where I really grew up and became an adult, where I really learned some life lessons, where I went through the temple for the first time, where all my good college single girl memories are, and moving feels like I'm leaving a piece of me behind. I know, it's pathetic - but for those of you who love CV like me, you understand. It's like no other place - it's peaceful. For those of you who don't understand - you probably have somewhere that you feel this way about.

So, we officially move Aug 30th. Yikes. So much to do, so much packing. Kind of scared. But it's okay. Since we're only renting I can pretend it's only temporary, for now. =)

10 comments:

Troy said...

I love the valley too. I've been gone for 8 years now and it's still home. Every time I visit it's like I never left and it feels totally normal to be there.

Maybe someday we can both move back! :)

Amanda Petersen said...

Bados! I couldn’t agree more—just like the whole band aid thing though, I really think its better that way. I wept the first few days we were in salt lake- I missed Logan so much! It is hard to officially leave the place we’ve had so much fun in- remember when we left bullen? Sad times! And edgehill? Sad times too! But, it does always somehow get better. Now I love salt lake, and I’m SO happy to be in a different place with great memories. It’s refreshing to just start a “new life.” I do, however, miss Mandarin desperately! I:) love you friend! Good luck with everything!

Bobbie said...

It WAS my home. And I did move back! The number of years away were more than I wanted. I am grateful every day when I wake up. I think, I am home. I am in CV.

Cross out that maybe. Look forward to the day.

I wish you could have seen it in 1953. Or in 1948. Most of all, I wish you could have seen Grandpa Michaelson's house filled with family, those are my best memories. It was the most pleasant place in the world. Still is.

Elicia said...

i like cash valley! i'm glad you two have a great opportunity though, being able to make new friends, grow a little more! like i told my friend who moved away, your only going to get as much as you put into this trip. she was negative the whole time she lived away from colorado, and she didn't learn anything! all she wanted from me was sympathy, but i couldn't give it to her because sometimes you just need to grow, and are given great opportunities to do so.
I know you both will do fine! and i'm sure you will move back! a lot of people have been doing that lately!

Matt and Jade said...

Where are you renting? Are you atleast excited?

Anonymous said...

Hey Barbara, let us know if you need help moving okay? We would LOVE to help you guys with anything!! Even if you need someone to watch Sadie for a bit, please don't hesitate to call us or run over. :-)

josh and karah said...

Oh my goodness. That sounds like drama to the max!

So where is this apt? we should have a house (apartment) warming shindig.

CAF said...

The Wasatch Front is nice though, for so many more things to do -- just think, you can take Sadie to the zoo! And you and Ryan can hit the IMAX theatre, concerts, and a wide variety of restaurants--

D'N'J said...

i hope you guys are wearing deodorant.

MStevenson said...

so crazy, and sad for me, but I'm excited for you guys too. Fun to have a change of scene and meet some new people.

I'll try and visit as much as I can.