GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Secretly


Want a glimpse into my mind & utmost dreams? Scary, I know. I love being a mom & I love my life - but secretly...there are a lot of things I want to do, here are my top 5.

1 - I have always dreamed of being a jazz singer - in a lounge. I used to sing a lot more back in high school, at least publicly that is. Now my repertoire consists mostly of nursery rhymes & primary songs. =)

2 - I want to be a primo cake decorator, like Ace of Cakes on the Food Network - super obsessed with this one right now. But more generally - just a great baker, because I do love making my pies.

3 - I want to travel the world & I do mean the world. I want to see everything and learn about other cultures. And this includes wanting to live in England.

4 - I want to be a photographer, take classes, have people pay me for pretty pictures. This is the most recent nature-y picture I took that I think is semi-decent. I snapped it real quick while sitting in the grass at the driving range waiting for Ryan.

5 - I want to be a painter. The artistic gene however skipped me and got all of my other siblings. I'm way too left-brained for this one.

Any of you have any yet-to-be-fulfilled dreams? Please, do share!

9 comments:

Amanda Petersen said...

You’re so inspirational!!  you should watch ‘amazing wedding cakes’ on WE. We just discovered this show—they’re better than ‘ace of cakes,’ in my opinion!! Go for your dreams, bados!!

Anonymous said...

i have always wanted to learn how to take beautiful pictures too. i think a good start would be getting a nicer camera than the cheap one we've got...
i also wish that i had a cool hobby like mountain climbing or repelling. (If only i wasn't so afraid of heights).
and growing up, i always wanted to be a puppeteer with jim henson. haha. I still want to.

MStevenson said...

Oh I forgot we were going to try and decorate cakes when you were down. I forgot sorry. Well, you wouldn't have wanted to do that with me anyway right now, I would have probably dry heaved all over the cake. That's right I would barf right on it. Oh that reminds me I didn't barf over your pies you made us. Hey thanks they were great. Mark was pretty upset when he realized he was at home for hours not knowing there were pies in the fridge the whole time.

CAF said...

Pie. :(

Elicia said...

hey, i just want to say, because i am so excited, that i finally finished sadie's baby blanket!! if it's okay with you, i would like to give it to her when we are out at bear lake! it's so big, she will be able to us it for years! ;)

Jake & Becca said...

Wow I really do like that picture you took, very pretty and artistic in how the trees line the one side and the sun is shining through... I like it. Also at least you can sing to your daughter, from a young age Lyndi has not liked me singing to her and frieked out when I tried. Now that she can talk she just tells me no singing mom!

D'N'J said...

um. . . everything. sad.

KimWar said...

Barb those are awesome dreams, you go girl.

Kim

Matt and Jade said...

I have a desire to be a great chef, or atleast a good cooker. I always wanted to do cooking classes. Everyone tells me to go for it. I think I just might.