GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Nose Sucker Fun

Sadie has had a cold for about 2 weeks now - just mostly a runny/stuffy nose. And every time I've had to use the dreaded nose sucker she loses it. She fusses, squirms, tears up, and flails her little arms to get me away. Oh, it's super fun.

Last night before putting her to bed I laid her down for the daily horrifying routine...but this time - she laughed! She thought it was hilarious. She would brace herself, and then giggle after I sucked the snot out! I guess she decided if it were inevitable she might as well learn to enjoy it! I thought it was a fluke - but she laughed again today. Everyday Sadie surprises me, and her little personality is so fun. Tonight we're going to try to get it on video...hopefully the camera isn't too distracting.

11 comments:

Bobbie said...

Sadie is an absolute gem! I bet you will be surprised at how many times she amazes you with her boundless energy and cheerful attitude over the next oh, say... twenty years.

Love, Mama

Heather said...

Charmingly enough, we call it a booger sucker. I know, so high class.

MStevenson said...

I always hate using those, and avoid it as much as possible.

We would just take Welly in the shower for a while, and the steam would loosen up most of it, and it would just run out naturally. That doesn't always work, so then we would bring out the booger sucker. Yup, we call it that too.

Troy said...

Our technical term was

"The Brain Sucker"

Amanda Petersen said...

too funny! i love that we both made... gross (?) posts? well, funny posts, i should say:) sadie's so cute!!

Elicia said...

i'm not sure i would want to watch you suck boogers out of your daughters nose! she is very cute!

Bobbie said...

Elicia is going to miss all the fun.
Dad

The Kippen House said...

What a sweetheart! I didn't think that could ever be an enjoyable experience for anyone! So sorry I missed you the other night, we had Stake Conference. Hope your family party was fun. I really miss you!!!

Jake & Becca said...

You'll have to ask Jake about the music he made with one of those (unused of coarse)... it was... amazing, really! I can't believe how cute and big your little chub is getting! Have you ever counted her roles? They are adorable. Now if only that were true for adults!

huston said...

I don't know why but gracie always loved the nose sucker and the nose spray she'll just walk around the house spraying and sucking it's so gross kids are so strange sometimes!

CAF said...

What a silly. I will huggle her.