My cute sister-in-law's bday is today - we sure love her! When Ry & Teresa were younger their parents would take them to eat out together as a joint bday celebration. We decided this year we would start up this tradition again! So the 3 of us went to Doug & Emmy's - a local diner that is famous for it's dinner-plate size pancakes & ridiculously large and good scones...oh, the scones.

Doug & Emmy's is housed in an old train station & has been there for I don't even know how long! A very long time. Due to some upcoming freeway construction the city is moving the historical building, but Doug & Emmy's will be closing for good. So we had to get one last scone.

I first went to Doug & Emmy's on a breakfast date with Ry in high school - so that makes it even more special. So,
we love you Teresa & we love you Doug & Emmy's! I recommend going there to eat if you live close - avoid the eggs (just a waste of money) & plan to not eat the rest of the day, because I'm pretty sure you get your 2,000+ calories in one meal there. =) Yum!
9 comments:
Thank you for the post and for the Birthday wishes. It was a lot of fun going to Doug and Emmy's with you and Ry last Saturday. What a good tradition to start up again. I know I'll look forward to it each year. Love you guys!
My goodness that scone looks yummy! I hope I can get down there to have some before they close. Do you know where the train station is going?
I think the building must be older than the hills.
Your Dad and I went there, I think he was working at Cherry Hill at the time.
So you didn't like the eggs? How come?
Teresa you are looking very cute!
Ry your doing ok.
Good news! Doug and Emmy's may be closing, but you can still get your scone fix! Sill's across the street and Granny Annie's in Kaysville are all identical restaurants. I guess they all belong to the same family who started Sill's, but there was some kind of family feud or something and some of them left and started Doug and Emmy's. Sill's is pretty old and small, but G. Annie's is much newer and it's all the exact same food. That won't help with the nostalgia factor of you guys' high school memories of D and E's, but at least you still get scones!
And here's a hint for the eggs: you GOTTA get them with the cheese melted on top!
happy birthday!
Erin - Thanks for the tip! So glad I can still get the scones.
Mom - there just wasn't a lot of egg I guess..."thin" if you will.
Hey Barbara, search for me on Shelfari under Kim Warburton, I couldn't find you or search by my email Kimberlywar@gmail.com then get rid of my comment. or send me your email address so I can search you
I can't believe Doug and Emmy's is closing!! In junior high we used to take the students of the month out to breakfast at the insane hour of 6 am, and we always went to Doug and Emmy's. I would always get a scone and hot chocolate---yummy! I am so sad. Do you know what else is being affected by the freeway construction?
That is the biggest scone in America. For obvious reasons I'm going to need the address to this place...
Post a Comment