GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Monday, February 02, 2009

How to Choose The Right

Ry & I teach the CTR 6 primary kids and they are hilarious. A couple Sundays ago we were talking about choosing the right and one boy raised his hand...

"Choosing the Right is Hard."

"Yes, it is hard sometimes to know what is right."

"Yeah, cause sometimes I don't know what is right and what is left."

Seriously?! And it gets better...

"What is something we can do when a family member is sick and needs blessings?" No answer..."What do we do before we go to bed?" (Trying to get them to say 'Pray')...the same little boy gets a gleam in his eye, he knows the answer, so excited he shouts out "Brush our teeth!"

Oh, the children. They are a joy. And they really do bring you back to reality, back to the basics. We love our calling!

9 comments:

The Kippen House said...

Isn't Primary the best? I love it! I never want to go to Relief Society again! (Knock on wood) And I'm so excited about the baby food website you posted. I'm definitely going to try that this time around! I wanted to last time and never got around to it. I love you!!!!

Jeff said...

bah haha. that first response kills me.

(dianna, NOT jeff. why am i jeff?)

Troy said...

I just graduated Primary after about 2 and a half years. Primary is the best!

Elicia said...

ha ha ha! that's hilarious!! the kids in the nursery usually give us blank stares, although some of them know jesus when they see a picture of him!

MStevenson said...

Cute.

Bobbie said...

Some one should compile a book and title it "The Funny Things I Heard In Primary Class". Art Linkletter had one called "Kids Say The Darndest Things". His material came from his t.v. show.

Does anyone out there besides me know who Art Linkletter is?

Elicia said...

i don't grammy!!! i thought that show had bill cosby on it!

Heather said...

So fun! I can relate, I teach the CTR 6 class in our ward too, and I absolutely adore it! Last week one of them told me Jesus was a light bulb. He was so serious, it was all I could do to not laugh out loud.

Vernos said...

How darling! I just love the things little kids say.