I know, I know...can't I post about anything else?! Seriously. Too bad. Here's another one...this book was great. If you don't know the story behind it - the author, Randy Pausch, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, retiring from teaching, asked to give his 'last lecture' as all professors are - and then was told he had lost his fight and had only 3-6 months to live. What resulted was this book & an amazing lecture - he doesn't focus on dying and how to cope - it's all about how to live. Tidbits of wisdom that everyone can benefit from! The story is truly touching - he was only in his 40's, father to 3 young children, and the legacy that he left for them is incredible.I saw him interviewed on TV & part of his lecture given, and ever since I've wanted to read this book - thanks to my in-laws for giving it to us for Christmas! A must read for everyone! Very uplifting, even though I did tear up a few times...
Favorite Quote: "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" - as quoted by Randy Pausch from Seneca, the Roman philosopher.
Read More At The Official Site
Now Reading: The Party of Death by Ramesh Ponnuru

3 comments:
I love this book. I'm not quite finished, but it is a must read for everyone. He has an amazing outlook on life and is truly an inspiration on how to live life to fullest!
I have wanted to read this book for a while, but I'd have to read it when Grant wasn't looking! Barbara, you should join our book club. Theresa's doin' it. Check out sgbookclub.blogspot.com.
I read this over thanksgiving. There will be times when I am starting to get upset about something petty and I will remember the messages of this book. Life is about so much more than having a spotless house or a fancy car.
Post a Comment