We had Ryan's sister Teresa over so we could spend some time with just her before she leaves on her mission. As I was serving up the dish I realized I had the two pickiest people to be my guinea pigs for something with...uh-hum...spinach and mushrooms in it!!!! What was I thinking?! To my surprise they ate it and didn't even complain much. They even both admitted they thought it was pretty good and of course pointed out that they weren't even picking things out. Teresa even said she wasn't having to wash it down with her drink like she would most things with vegetables in them & that it was good practice for her mission (eating things to not offend)...ha!If I were to make it again I would cut back on the mushrooms to about half and add some bite-size chicken. The recipe says 8-10 servings...you could easily feed 15-20 people from it, especially as a side dish at a potluck. I feel so domestic...weird. Oh, and we had garlic bread with it. Yum.

11 comments:
I LOVE the Food Network! I'm on their website all the time downloading recipes!
So I don't think you're a nerd. :)
Wow, I think that is one of the funniest blogs I have seen in a while. That's awesome. Way for feeling domestic, and watching the Food Network channel! Do I get any?
Oh and another thing. When I saw the Guinea Pig title and food pictures, I honestly thought you were cooking guinea pig. You may think that's weird, but to me it's normal(it tastes like chicken), especially since I work with people who raise them to sell at restaurants!
whew! i was afraid there were going to be roast guinea pigs in your post.
Can I copy your idea? I want a Guinea Pig Surprise Thursday. B, you have the best ideas!
Then Monday for Melanie, helper day. Tuesday for Carrie, dinner with the folks day. Wednesday play day and Friday date night.
I am totally not judging you over here. My oldest would rather watch "cooking shows" than cartoons almost any day! We've tried tons of recipes from FN (Paula Deen's Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf is to die for...and I don't like meatloaf).
I agree with jordan, when i saw the title and the food i thought you had cooked and subsequently dined on guinea pig!!!! I want to personally thank you for not doing that... and so does Mr. Guinea Pig.
Your so fun. I don't usually make anything for dinner and when I do its boring old same old stuff. :)
This looks delish Barb, and what a fun idea for Thursday!
It was so yummy! Thank you for having me over for dinner. I'll be your Guinea Pig any day (for at least the next 23 days, but who's counting. Oh yeah, me! Otherwise you'll have to wait 18 months for the pleasure of my sparkling personality and fun comments about washing vegetables down with water). By the way, I loved the tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach in this recipe. Only suggestion is to cut down the mushrooms into smaller pieces. Sometimes a little mushroom goes a long way. I like your chicken idea too. You really do have the best ideas!
Um, I like the food network channel too. If that makes me a nerd, I'm okay with that.
This dish makes a great left-over. That is another plus.
Signed, Bobbie
Post a Comment