GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Friday, April 17, 2009

what a ham

So, first - I love this picture of Sadie. She fed herself avocado last week & was so proud of herself & so messy! She got it everywhere - when I picked her up there was even some on her bum...not sure how that happened. She had a little avocado facial.
Not sure what to do with your leftover ham from Easter? I found a great new recipe & all the guinea pigs this week loved it! Funny story...sometimes I dream about food. I know, sounds crazy - I'll wake up with ideas of things to make, what would go good together. It's like a become a gourmet chef while I sleep! It's always about dinners or pies too. Nothing else. Sometimes though - the ideas are super crazy weird. But this week I had a dream about making Chicken Cordon Bleu, casserole style.
So when I woke up I looked online for a generic recipe I could turn into a casserole & actually found that Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is already out there - so I didn't invent it like I thought I did, although I did change a few things to make is easier. =) It is so good & easy and we will definitely be making it again! Recipe could easily be doubled in the same baking dish to feed more people.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
  • 2 lbs chicken - boiled & cut into bite size pieces
  • 8 oz swiss cheese - cubed
  • 8 oz ham (I didn't measure this - just added till it looked right) - cubed
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup milk
  • dry breadcrumbs
Spread chicken, swiss cheese, and ham in baking dish. Mix soup & milk together & pour all over. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes - then broil shortly to brown bread crumbs. Serves 4-6

We served it with steamed veggies, rolls, and sticky rice (the good kind, not instant). That's why Sadie has rice stuck to her hand and face in the above picture. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Amanda Petersen said...

hi. my name is barbara, and i'm amazing!

when i grow up, can i please be more like you?

sadie is ADORABLE!

CAF said...

mmmmmmm i want a guacamole kiss!!

aubrey said...

Wow! That looks awesome. We'll be trying that out for sure!