Usually when I go to the library I check out 2-3 books/month and get through them all...well, that all changed when I started Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone. It took me 2 months to get through!! I just didn't care. It wasn't gripping or interesting or my type of book. Granted if I was 10 years old, I might feel different. Maybe I was disappointed because of all the hype. It just wasn't that great. (sorry all you Harry Potter fans) Given my previous bias against Harry Potter - Ryan did say he is very proud of me for trying with an open mind. Oh, well.
So, onto a different book, educational this time - "Potty Training Your Baby" by Katie Pelt. A little gem I found on clearance at Deseret Book. I know all of you will want to read it, ha. =) I'll still review it though.
Want to know something I like way better than Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone? This clip...and that's saying something! (yes, I know I've posted this before - but it was a long time ago, and it fits)
-

5 comments:
i love the teen angst one!
Barb, don't give up on Harry Potter! I am a big fan of the series, and even I have never been able to force myself to plod my way through the first book. I just skipped it and started with the second one. They really do get better and better as they go.
barbara the first book was the hardest for me too! Try another one!! you will grow to love harry like a brother!
I love Harry Potter. I am a totally devoted fan. Don't give up on them, they do get better and better.
So I've never read Harry Potter (You will see this is a reoccuring theme with me...I don't read...) but I like the movies. And THEY get better as they go along. So it must be true for the books too. :-) And I must say, I LOVE that puppet show!
Post a Comment