GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Monday, June 08, 2009

dance monkey, dance

Sadie is 13 months old and learning SOO fast these days! Everyday she does something new. It's crazy. So here are some updates - she now says mama, dada, ball, bye-bye, doggy, more, shoe, and cheese. She understands just about everything I say. The other day I saw spit-up on her finger, but couldn't see where she'd spit up. So I asked her, "Sadie where did you spit up?" and she actually pointed to a spot on the carpet where it was...what!?

She also knows some sign language - more, food, and milk. Makes communicating so much easier! She doesn't just fuss, she can tell me what she wants. I love it!

She loves to dance still and will do some of the actions to "I'm so glad when daddy comes home" & "popcorn popping" (primary songs) on her own while I sing. She walks all over the place and has now decided that walking on the grass is okay. She has 5 teeth - I think they're all coming in at once since she didn't even have a single tooth a month ago!

{pic of her first split lip - thanks to a fall & a jagged baby tooth}

Just this weekend, after being a master walker for the last 5 months, she has conquered stairs - and actually she just climbs them like she's always known how. But she doesn't really crawl up them. She steps up to each new stair and stands on each one before moving on. It's a little scary...Mel has video of it I'll post later.

Yesterday out of the blue our non-crawling daughter (never learned how, skipped straight to walking) decided to crawl. And she wasn't even struggling! I think she's been holding out on us - practicing in her crib in the middle of the night...little faker.

Sadie is such a girly-girl too! She will find my purse and wear it around the house, even if it weighs a bazillion pounds that day. First thing in the morning after I get her out of her crib, she finds her shoes and brings them to me. If I don't put them on her, she gets upset. So most of the time she just wears shoes and a onesie. Then she heads straight for the door and pounds on it while looking at me - she loves being outside! She loves to brush her own hair too. What a goof.

Oh, and one last thing (longest Sadie post ever) - this might only make sense to my sisters & parents. But the other night while rocking her to sleep she wanted to lay back on my legs - usually I just rest my hands on her stomach and she drifts off. Not this time - she kept moving my hands into the air and twisting her arms in my hands...I didn't get what she was trying to do at first - she wanted her arms tickled! Once I caught on and started lightly rubbing her arms, she held them straight up in the air with eyes closed, very content. Ry & I have never tickled her arms before - she just knew she wanted it. She's got some strong farmer-girl genes!

I love being her mom! Heavenly Father blessed me with a little angel.

5 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

she is SOOOO CUTE!!!!! seriously. the arm tickle thing is AWEOMSE! ;)

Bobbie said...

Her skills at this age are amazing! Her personality is precious. Do we love her? YES, WE DO.

Great post B!

The Kippen House said...

What a sweet girl! I love that she didn't crawl before she walked too. Remember how my Mother-in-law told me Charlie would not develop properly if I didn't force him to crawl first? I think Sadie and Charlie have proved her wrong!!! The arm tickling is funny. I prefer my back rubbed to my arms, but maybe I'll have to have Steve tickle my arms and see what happens. :)

Jeff said...

is it really like tickling or like just lightly running the tips of your fingers on her arms? because i LOVE that myself! what a smart baby. or . . . toddler!

BlondieBlueEyes said...

SHE IS SO CUTE!!!