I really liked this piece of historical fiction. I've always been intrigued by Egyptian culture & what better way to learn than a novel beefed up with fact? This author did a lot of research and all the major political/social things that takes place in the book really did take place. She obviously took liberties with personality/relationships - but even those liberties were based on educated guesses. I would recommend this book to anyone. It was very interesting & just a good quick read. There's even a sequel that I'll be reading - I just have to find it since our local library doesn't have it.I also thought it was interesting to relate the events in this book to the Gospel. Okay, so maybe I just do that with everything - movies, life, books apparently. It just happens. But really - this books main message to me, "pride comes before the fall" & "it is better to choose to be humble, then to be compelled to be humble". Amen.
Now reading - The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

5 comments:
Sounds like an interesting book! You're going to love The Five People You Meet in Heaven!
~Jana
Good job with the reading. I really need to get back to it soon. Thanks for the example.
Love,
Mama
can't wait to read it! it sounds great. thanks for book clubbing ;)
also.. I want to see more pics of your HAIR please!
Michelle, Sarah and I all read this book a few months ago. I really liked it! I need to read the sequel, "The Heratic Queen".
Post a Comment