GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

dyed hair - 1/25

First on my '25 new things in my 25th year' list is done! I dyed my hair for the very first time - awesome. I've had streaks before, but always professionally done. This was a full hair coverage dye from a box done by my cute sis-in-law Heather (who also decided to join in the spontaneous fun and go darker the day before her senior pictures - super brave Heav!).
Heather helped me pick the color - cinnaberry. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but it's red. My overall color is darker, no more baby blonde whispies on the side of my temples, sad. And it's like all the natural lighter streaks I had are now red streaks - so it looks pretty cool in the sun! I love it! Thanks Heather! (is it just me, or do our eyes look the same color in these pics?)

Here are the other 24 things I chose to do (thanks for all the great suggestions everyone!)...
  1. dye hair
  2. rock climbing
  3. zip line
  4. professional massage
  5. skinny dip
  6. sleep under the stars/backpack in the mountains
  7. painting class
  8. pottery class
  9. photography class
  10. snowboard
  11. 4wheeling
  12. snow shoeing
  13. snowmobiling
  14. water ski
  15. run a 5k
  16. enter an item at the fair
  17. attend the temple weekly instead of monthly
  18. read all 4 works in 1 year
  19. surf
  20. try sushi
  21. get published
  22. read some original writing at Helicon West
  23. visit every temple in utah
  24. get fake nails (weird I know, but I've never done it)
  25. visit 4 corners - and be in 4 states at once
  26. maybe I have more than 25....
  27. go to a real soccer game
  28. go to a bee's baseball game

9 comments:

The Kippen House said...

That is an awesome list! You're going to do it in one year? You'll have the time of your life!!! I've always wanted to get fake nails too, but never have. Some day! You're totally making me want to be more adventurous, what a great motivator you are! You should submit this to a teen-help program. It would be cool to be like, "Look at all the fun you could have and be healthy instead of doing drugs and alcohol, etc." Oh, I miss being in school and our major! Any more thoughts on getting your Masters?

The Kippen House said...

I almost forgot: I LOVE the hair!!! Red hair makes me happy, so think red for my baby!!!

Elicia said...

just make sure you are in the real 4 corners and not the fake one they thought was 4 corners!

D'N'J said...

jeff thinks it's funny you've never dyed your hair before. but technically he hasn't either - it's always bleach for him! not really the same thing . . .

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new hair! Cinnaberry has always been the color I've wanted to dye mine, but I'm just not brave enough.
-Jana

CAF said...

Yeh I can't see the red. Perhaps I will in person.

I'm happy you took some of my suggestions, hippy

Troy said...

Yeah, I've been published. :) It's even better when you get paid for it!

Unknown said...

Very cool...the list is awesome (makes me tired just reading it) and I love your hair!

KimWar said...

Love all those goals, I love how active you are and how much you accomplish, you are amazing. Just to warn you I got fake nails for the first time too and hated them and to top it off when I finally took them off they completely ruined my regular nail and now they are super soft, I have to wait until the grow out completely until they will be harder. I would suggest just don't do it, get manicures instead to make your nails look nice. Student salons only charg $5-10 for manicures, way better than the crap of going through fake nails.