GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

proper care and feeding of husbands

I don't care how perfect your marriage is - or how good a wife you think are. You need to read this book at least once!! (or listen to the audio book because you drive a lot - like me) There is always room for improvement!

I really agreed with...pretty much everything. I loved it. I think Ry & I have a great marriage, but it did help me to realize some things I could do as his wife to make it better. Way to go Dr. Laura - she hits the nail on the head time and again in this book. I also love how Dr. L isn't afraid to bring religion into the picture. Morals, values, the necessity of traditional marriage between a man and woman. Need help with communication? Read this book! Need help understanding where your husband is coming from? Read this book! Okay, I'll stop. I love this book. Amen.

Thanks Mel for the recommendation!!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

I have this book too. It's a good one.

The Kippen House said...

I'll read it if you recommend it. I've looked at it in the past, but I am sometimes a little anti-Dr. Laura so it's good to know it comes highly recommended.

I have a stupid question: When you post a bunch of cute pic's on the same picture do you use photoshop for that? I'm SOO behind the technology world!!!

Melissa said...

i started it once and after the first couple chapters got a little bitter... hahah your apparently a lot more opened minded than me. Sometimes i think dr. laura trys to be belittling and i don't really care for that.

Barb said...

Nanc - yes it is with photoshop =)

EVERYONE - a note on this book. It's not just Dr. Laura's opinion. It backs up everything I've ever learned in the academic arena on marital relationships - researched proven fact. As long as you can handle her straight-forward talk, I would take it for the truth. There are obviously some exceptions to the rule, depending on personality types, but the underlying message is the same.

MStevenson said...

Thanks for making a post about this book. I'm planning on making one too on my blog some day.

I really don't read. I think I can count on my two hands all the books I've read. Yah, that's sad, and I'll try and work on that...but I read/listened to this one and it was really good. Yes, she is painfully honest sometimes, but after I read (okay, I listened to it-Lazy) I could already see an improvement in my attitude and how I treated my husband. Also not just in my marriage but in other relationships. I like Dr. Laura, I'm sure she's not right all the time but the majority of the book seemed like it was wise advice. Anyway I liked it. And let me know if are busy like me and just want to listen to it, shoot me an email at mel@melarky.com and let me know if you'ld like a copy of it.

angie curtis said...

hey its angie. Sorry I couldn't get you in the other weekend. I have been on bedrest with a torn placenta. Bytheway, i am expecting. I am going back to work now. I just wanted to apologize!

Heather said...

Thanks Barb, I have been meaning to read this and keep forgetting to actually buy it so I can do that :)

Vernos said...

I did read this a long time ago. I liked it, but at the same time, I think she is VERY traditional, and that doesn't always work for everyone. But a good view and lots of good points!

Marie said...

Okay, first of all, I am super impressed that you read so much. And there is no second of all...I am just impressed :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked it!I totally need to re-read it and get my piece of Humble Pie again!
-Jana