GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Monday, August 31, 2009

back to school party

Last week my sister Mel & I threw a back to school party for the boys in the family. It turned out to be a hit. I was just planning on serving my favorite school lunch (french dip with peanut butter bars & tater tots) & having favors for the back-to-school guys, but once Mel got involved things got fun! That girl has a knack for throwing parties. Maybe she dressed up like a school lunch lady & served everyone's food...
please click to enlarge - you won't regret it!
then she dressed up like a teacher to administer our quiz (thanks for winning Ry so I could eat your donuts)
gift bags for the boys going back with school supplies in them
everyone attending college needs crayons, right!?
The cupcakes I made, yum!

11 comments:

Elicia said...

that's awesome!! but what if your going to school and youre a girl? :)

Barb said...

Ha - Oh Licia. That's fine. It just happened to be all boys starting school. D&J were there too - but they wouldn't get in any pics or smile for any...punks.

Heather said...

Those cupcakes look delish! Such a great idea, I think I need to use this for next year. You and Melly make an awesome team Barb, what CAN'T the two of you come up with! So fun!

Laura Howard said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

how fun! that looks AMAZING!!!!!

Melissa said...

how do you have the energy to do things like this!?! planning dinner 3 times a week and trying to keep the house picked up leaves me not much energy to be creative. good for you. and where did mel get the lunch trays?! haha.

Heidi said...

I want to do this with my kids next year! What a great idea!

Barb said...

Lunch trays I think were mostly found at the DI and yard sales. Kind of a random collection - but totally fun!

Unknown said...

How cute! The first couple semesters after Jared graduated we threw a "Ha ha We're Not Going Back to School" BBQ...

Marie said...

Oh my heck, that is the funniest thing I've ever seen. You guys really know how to throw a party! LOVE IT!

Amanda Petersen said...

that is AWESOME! mel is HILARIOUS!! great job!!!