Since we were moving I knew I wouldn't have time to sit down with a book in hand - but I knew I'd have time to listen to an audio book while driving...Dracula, 15 discs, 18 hours later - I can say I've "read" the unabridged version. Seriously, long. But good. It was really interesting & done very well.I am a person who scares easy & who's imagination, more often than not, gets away from them. I had to stop reading Turn of the Screw a few years ago because it was too much for me. I thought it would be the same with Dracula, but me, the sissy, was just fine. No nightmares, okay being alone, camping in the woods, etc. Maybe the fact that it was an audio book helped.
It's a great classic & I would recommend it to anyone! Now I need to find a good old black & white version of the movie to watch - any suggestions?
Now Reading: All Creatures Great & Small by Herriot (thanks Mark & Mel!)

7 comments:
i have this one on my ipod that i'll eventually read! just have to finish the jungle first, then the count of monte cristo . . . :) so many books, so little time.
I am so glad I got to see Saydie. She is so cute, and I loved talking to her. See ya later.
Don't forget to read it in an English accent.
nosferatu. circa 1920? available on google video.
hey barb have you read the Guernsey literary and potato peel pie society?? i've heard mixed reviews but i seriously loved it and highly recommend it!
i also loved the count of monte cristo (better and different then the movie)
I have the book packed away somewhere, but I have yet to read it. Although now I think about it, listening to it would be a lot of fun, thanks for posting about this one Barb!
Thanks for the recommendation Lis! I'll put that one on my list.
Post a Comment