Ever look in your cupboard and see a lot of food but nothing to eat?! I do that all the time! I'm usually not sure what to make for dinner and revert to an old standby. Then I get sick of my old standby's. My sis, Carrie, led me to a new website that rocks!
supercook.com - you enter in all the ingredients you have on hand, and it searches all the major recipe sites for you and lists all the things you could make without going to the store! A dream come true! It saves all your ingredients (you have to login of course), but then you can add things and delete them as your pantry changes. Everything from entrees to desserts...I'm super excited to try the recipes! Thanks Carrie!

Meanwhile, I made this fun summer fruit salad for my mother-in-law's b-day dinner - a recipe adapted from my favorite food network chef, Giada. It was super yummy and didn't contain an ounce of cool whip or a slice of banana! Salivating yet?
- 1 small package blueberries
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced
- 2 large peaches, sliced
- 1 small package raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/8 cup simple syrup (see directions below)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped (I only used about 3/8 cup and it was plenty)
1. Make simple syrup = 1 part water + 1 part sugar. Bring water to a boil (1/2 cup), add sugar (1/2 cup), stir until dissolved. Then cool while you chop and prepare fruit.
2. Prep fruit.
3. When syrup is completely cooled (remember to measure out only 1/8 cup) blend with chopped mint, and fresh lime juice. Then pour over fruit and toss till coated. Chill over night.
SO good!
2 comments:
and what exactly is wrong with banana?
Looks good! Yah, that cook site is cool. I want to go through all my cupboard and list everything I have. :) Thanks barb!
Post a Comment