GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

singing time + tender mercies

I asked Sadie what I should blog about today and she said..."umm....Jesus!" And then she started singing this song...



And some of the other songs she likes to sing...



So, about Jesus. Heavenly Father's love for us is amazing. I can't even comprehend it. I feel so blessed that He was willing to sacrifice His Son so that we could all have the opportunity to return to Him. If we choose it. I feel my Savior's love in all the world around me...

We were talking about tender mercies in institute yesterday and our teacher asked us to think of times in our lives when the Lord's love for us has been evident - even in the smallest ways. He is always watching out for us and wants to help us in any way possible.

Two examples...

1 - Last night I went to the caucus and totally forgot to get my prescription at the pharmacy (can't really safely miss a dose of my seizure medicine...). At 10 min to 9pm (pharmacy closes at 9) I suddenly remembered. I ran out the door and jumped in the car, saying a silent prayer that I would make all the lights green and not hit any traffic. After praying, I knew which roads to take and made it there fast - no traffic, no red lights. Just in time. It's simple - but I know the Lord helped me because He knew it was important to me.

2 - A couple of weeks ago I was feeling very overwhelmed by family problems (haha - sorry family who reads this, know that you are loved and that is why I worry and sometimes get overwhelmed). Anyway...I was alone, Sadie was napping, and I just started sobbing (which rarely happens...) I just couldn't handle it anymore. The weight of it. I felt alone and prayed to receive comfort. Literally two seconds later my phone vibrated with a text message from my sweet husband simply saying "Hi babe. I love you!"

That was it. Ry was busy with school and why he thought to stop and text me that simple, much needed, message right at that exact moment is definitely a tender mercy. He then called me and listened to me, and comforted me. The Lord surely knows each one of us and our needs.

He will help if we turn to Him. Then it's up to us to recognize those tender mercies.
Love this conference talk!

6 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

I am so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord! love you!

Troy said...

Barb, your family is crazy. I'm sorry I'm such a pain.

Barb said...

haha - oh Troy...how'd you know?!

CAF said...

Sadie's finale to the Sunbeam song kills me. The musical stylings of Lil Miss Sadie Mae!!

Clint said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Great thoughts Barbara. And I can't believe how smart Sadie is! Hearing her sing those songs was just adorable!