GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

what if...or tmi


So you know my husband...the one who never, ever posts anything on this, our family blog, or even comments - yet reads it every time I post. The one who refuses to join facebook...yeah, him. Well, I guilted him into participating in this post - so enjoy!

I also asked Sadie a series of similar questions that she could understand...she was also annoyed with me. =)

What if...you could have the career of your dreams? What would it be?
  • Ryan: Roller coaster designer/tester. I love roller coasters.

  • Barb: A jazz lounge singer. I used to sing jazz in high school & loved it! I even had a teacher tell me I should be a lounge singer once...which was completely awkward, but flattering.

  • Sadie: (what do you want to be when you grow up?) Umm...Sadie!
You could live anywhere in the world?
  • Ryan: Alaska. I love the outdoors. Or maybe somewhere tropical.

  • Barb: Italy - I love Europe, I love Italian food, and I love the relaxed family-oriented lifestyle. The music, the history, the romance, the country side.

  • Sadie: (where do you want to live?) In my house.
You could travel anywhere in the world for one month? What would you do? Where would you go?
  • Ryan: Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Egypt. I would see it all.

  • Barb: Europe...of course! Everywhere. I'd want to see everything - all the historic buildings, the modern art, attend the theater, enjoy shopping, the city life and the country, and of course - the food.

  • Sadie: (where do you want to go today?) To Grandma Bobbie's house.
You could time travel? Where would you go?
  • Ryan: I've never really been good at history, so I pick the future.

  • Barb: The land Bountiful when Christ appeared to the people after he was resurrected. To be surrounded by so many righteous people and listen to the teachings of the Savior. To see the nail prints in his hands, to watch him bless the little children. Awesome!

  • Sadie: (do you want to be a baby or a big girl? what would you do?) A big girl! I want to go to the store...the food store.
You could excel at a hobby/talent? What would it be?
  • Ryan: I pick being a machinist/woodworker. Being able to make anything I could dream up would be great.

  • Barb: Umm...I pick two. Music - specifically voice, piano, and cello. And cooking. I am an avid watcher of the food network and wish I knew how to cook!

  • Sadie: (what game do you like to play the best?) I want to play with dice.
Change a physical feature?
  • Ryan: No more scoliosis. Having a crooked spine sucks. Plus it just makes you sound evil.

  • Barb: No more unwanted hair! Smooth legs forever. And yes, I'd get rid of that unsightly chic-stache that I have to wax. And never have to pluck eyebrows again. Oh, that would be lovely!

  • Sadie: (duh! she's perfect, so instead I asked her - what is your favorite part of your body?) My chomping teeth.
Meet someone famous? Who?
  • Ryan: I don't know. Too many to pick just one.

  • Barb: Joseph Smith. Hands down.

  • Sadie: (who do you want to see today?) Grandma Bobbie
You could have a room full of any one thing, what would it be?
  • Ryan: Tools. All of them.

  • Barb: How 'bout 3 things (I'm such a cheater)...books, cheesecake, and sewing items. =) That way I could read, then craft, and take a break to eat my favorite thing.

  • Sadie: (what is your favorite food?) Breakfast.
What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
  • Ryan: Being Iron Man.

  • Barb: To be a famous jazz singer.

  • Sadie: (what do you want to do?) Play with dice (apparently we're raising a gambler...)

You could choose one personality trait to pass on to your children? What would it be?
  • Ryan: How could I possibly pick just one of my awesome traits? But if I have to choose just one, I suppose it would be my patience. I think I'm a generally pretty patient person. It usually takes a lot for something to get to me.

  • Barb: My joy & faith. They go hand in hand really. I have been blessed with faith - I trust in the Lord with all my heart and I know He is in charge, I know things will workout in my best interest if I'm following the commandments, even when I can't see the path that lies ahead, even when things are hard. This faith brings me joy. They are one in the same.

  • Sadie: (what animal do you want to be?) I don't want to be an animal! I want to be Sadie. (do you like to be happy or sad?) Happy! Mommy...come. (she was pretty done with me asking questions and wanted breakfast)

6 comments:

Shirley said...

How fun! I loved this post. Jared is just like Ryan and never posts unless I beg him to, when I'm giving birth and on my birthday. I wonder if he will do this. :) p.s. I think you're a good cook. I know you're kind of taking it slow with the mom blog lately, but you could just do recipes and I'd be happy. :)

D'N'J said...

well, heck! sadie seems to have it made! i wanna be me, i wanna live here, i wanna see my grandma.. simple!

Elicia said...

i wanna play with dice! :) i love that!

robin said...

Granny Bobbie must be so proud!!! :)

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

I love Sadie's comments!!! ;)

Heather said...

This was such a fun post to read! You can tell how much Sadie loves her grandma...and dice :)