GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Monday, July 12, 2010

summer days

We've been busy doing so many things I haven't taken the time to stop and blog about it. I even slacked off on picture taking - so no pictures of picnics in the park, my birthday, Carrie's birthday, 4th of July fireworks...slacker. But here is a picture sampling of some things I did remember to take pictures of!

Sadie has a drinking problem - at any given point in the day you might find her carrying around 3 sippies - one for water, one for juice, and one for milk. She thinks she needs all of them at the same time. We've even caught her trying to drink out of 2 at a time. Silly girl.


Eating churros at Summerfest. Gotta love fair food. Neither Ry or I wanted to share our churros - so we did the only sensible thing. Let Sadie have her own 16" churro...


Ry has been so busy on campus. Some days it's work 4:45am-4:45pm, dinner with us, on campus by 5:30pm, home at 9pm, and straight to bed. It's been hard. One night he surprised me with ice cream and a dozen roses. He gave one of the roses to Sadie, she carried it around for days! It even came grocery shopping with us. I have the best husband!

Sadie also picked out her outfit below, she loves picking out her clothes now. I actually think it's pretty cute! She's got a fun fashion sense.



Family scripture study at night is one of my favorite's. Sadie has started "reading" us scriptures. She'll intently stare at her upside down book of mormon and say things like..."And it came to pass, Jesus went to the children...the Father...And it came to pass" So cute!


My matchy family - this was on accident. I got Sadie dressed while Ry was getting dressed. Guess we just had a lot of school spirit that day!


The 4th of July trifle I made - so yummy. I love my trifle bowl!


Bear Lake with my bro and family. S loved the water, collecting rocks, getting her leg dirty on purpose so she could wash off the sand in the water. It was a way fun day!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love your fun summer things! Sadie is such a cutie! I need to come visit you guys soon. That trifle looks AMAZING!! Recipe please?

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie said...

Sadie is so cute. Geeze, I thought Dani had a drinking problem...she is always drinking something--but usually only one cup at a time :) Bear Lake looks so fun!

Vernos said...

too cute! Ps. I want your trifle recipe, it looks delish! Oh, and your bowl;)

Christina Olson said...

First of all, I want some trifle!! Maya does the exact same sippy cup thing! Summer definitely goes by too quickly!