GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

anniversary getaway

It was my turn to plan our trip this year - so we stayed in SLC overnight. Neither of us have stayed there before. I had a lot of fun activities planned, they mostly got rained out. But really, when you have a 2 year old - just relaxing, staying up late, sleeping in, not having to give a little one a tubby or take them to the potty is just about the best thing we could have done. So really, we did a whole lot of nothing - and loved it!

We ate at The Garden on top of the JSMB - wonderful view! Let me preface the following with this statement: neither of us are racist...okay. So we get seated and Ry looks around and says "Does it seem more Cuban in here to you?"


I quickly try to think of why my husband would make such a statement...the background music seems generic, there are a lot of fake plants around..."Umm...I guess so." I say back with a quizzical look...thinking to myself more Cuban?! That would imply something was already Cuban...I think he's lost his mind!

"What?!" Ry says, he could see the wheels in my head turning...well in the end it turns out he actually said "Does it seem more humid in here to you?" I think I need my hearing checked...wait, no...he does mumble sometimes...he's a mumbler - I'll blame him.

The food was amazing - and ridiculously portioned. We should've known to share something. Especially since I get full so fast nowadays (baby takes up room ya know).

Thanks to Ry's work discount we stayed in one of the fanciest rooms at The Anniversary Inn - The Palace Suite. Loved it. Loved our balcony with a great view. Loved the rainstorm the next morning. Hated the movies we watched...oh, well!

We had a great time! We re-watched the Joseph Smith movie at the JSMB...cried. And explored downtown SLC a little more. Did I mention Lion House Pantry rolls?! Yum!

6 comments:

D'N'J said...

and the movies you watched were?.. help a movie-watcher out! :) glad you guys had a good time.

Marie said...

How fun!!! I am super jealous. Happy Anniversary! That is a good idea to take turns planning your getaways.

Amanda Petersen said...

you're so cute! how fun!!

Katie said...

It looks like a great time to me! Happy Anniversary you two!

Shirley said...

I love the Palace Suite! I haven't stayed there but if I had to choose one room it would be that one. I'm glad you guys had a nice relaxing anniversary!

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

looks like a blast!