
Just finished this Pulitzer prize winner by Edna Ferber. The story was compelling, but more so was the writing. It was like looking at a beautiful mural. Although it had an unfinished, abrupt ending - it definitely had great underlying morals.
A few that stood out to me...
"This whole thing is just a grand adventure...Living. All mixed up. The more kinds of people you see, and the more things you do, and the more things that happen to you, the richer you are. Even if they're not pleasant things. That's living...no matter what happens, good or bad, it's just so much...just so much velvet." - love this!
"There are only two kinds of people in the world that really count. One kind's wheat and the other kind's emeralds." - what are you?
What true beauty is - there is no quote for this. You'd have to read the whole book to understand...but it was a great reminder. The earth, literature, colors, hard work, having a passion for something and following it. A zest for life. We all ought to live more like this.I read a little of the authors bio and she is amazing. Such an award-winning successful author and play write - especially for a woman of her time. Amazing the things she accomplished, the barriers she overcame. Other works of hers: Giant, Showboat.
I'd recommend this to anyone! And I own a copy if you'd like to borrow.

1 comment:
Cool! I'm glad I picked a good one for ya.
Post a Comment