GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Monday, October 04, 2010

baby parkour

The last two weeks have been pretty crazy busy! After getting all settled back in from the flood I got busy making bread. I made 13 loaves...9 we gave away. I am still looking for that perfect homemade bread recipe to use for sandwiches and stuff. Something not so crumbly...if you have that recipe - please share! And sadly - no pictures of the bread making...

We had a bonfire in our tiny bbq on our tiny patio the other week - roasted marshmallows and such with the neighbors. Total fun way. Sadie got so sticky!


Ry has been trying to teach Sadie how to do parkour (deft: participants run along a route, attempting to negotiate obstacles in the most efficient way possible, using only their bodies. Skills such as jumping, climbing, vaulting, rolling and swinging are employed...) Yep, we call it baby parkour. And it is totally cute. She mostly just does funny leg twists and yells "parkour" the whole time.


Haven't seen parkour? It's wild. A good example is the opening chase scene of the new James Bond movie, the little dude at the beginning of Prince of Persia - or you can watch this...



A bad, but ever so humurous example, is this...


5 comments:

Shirley said...

The Office example is hilarious! I remember seeing it the first time and laughing so hard! I bet Sadie is super cute doing it!

Marie said...

Oh my heck, that is so cool! And I totally want to see Sadie trying it :)

Heather said...

I love that episode of The Office. Sadie is so adorable! I miss you like crazy!! How are you guys?

Katie said...

That is so stinkin cute!

D'N'J said...

when i first saw the title i thought "parkour" was a name you guys were thinking for the new baby.. like parker but spelled differently :)