GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

so hard, but so true

I know this issue is a difficult one - but I am with the brethren 100% - why? Because they aren't speaking for themselves. They are but a mouthpiece of the Lord. I know what they have said to be true. No amount of signatures will change the natural laws of God. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

5 comments:

D'N'J said...

thanks b. i hate that there's all this meanness and it is so sad that they feel their only option is death.. but you just can't deny the natural laws, ya know? good clip.

Erin said...

I love this response, and I especially like how they are stressing for everyone to be kind and love one another no matter what. I agree with you too, I wish this life were easier and didn't include such hard trials! But I guess then, what would be the point...

Amanda Petersen said...

i'm there with you, too, bados. it's such a hard and sensitive topic, but i'm trying to trust in these men who were called as prophets, seers, and revelators. they know more than we do. it's not an easy message to share, and i believe and trust in the foundational principles our heavenly father has set.

i read jacob 2 last night... it was pretty powerful.

Troy said...

It doesn't matter what you struggle with, trying to bend God's will to meet your own desires will not bring happiness. Bending your will to meet God's will does bring happiness. Lasting happiness.

I have many things that I struggle with - I have my whole life. I'm never happier than when I know that the way I live my life is acceptable to God. I stumble, fall, get back up and try again. That's life, and what life is meant to be.

Living a life acceptable to God doesn't take the temptations or struggles away, but I do know that our temptations are not what names us. Our temptations do not tarnish the people we make of ourselves.

Barb said...

Perfectly stated Troy! I couldn't agree more. Everyone has their struggles - it's what you do with them, how you respond that defines you - not what the struggle is.

Kopp - I'm reading Jacob 2 tomorrow. Thanks friend! p.s. I miss your face!! Wanna play next week?