Is it possible for someone to die while writing a thesis under a time crunch? I sure hope not - cause that's what Ry is attempting right now. It's crazy. He found out Friday that in order to defend on time to graduate this semester he has to get 4 signatures and have his final draft in by the 23rd...that's 2 weeks from tomorrow. I won't go in to all the other gory details that lead up to the 23rd, but this is where we are now...
As of Friday at 5pm - 0 pages written
As of this morning at 3am - 60 pages written
I'd say he's doing pretty darn good so far. If he's not sleeping or eating - he's working on his thesis.
I know what you're thinking - that's what he gets for procrastinating...well, he wasn't procrastinating. He needed testing data from the lunar lander he's been working on for the last year + and the jet engine kept catching on fire, parts would break and they had to be sent back to the factory and replaced. Computer code had to be re-written. He has done everything he can and still had to wait on other people.
Such is the life of an engineer - things never work the first time, or the second, or third...lots of trial and error. So here we are. Husbandless and fatherless for the next 2 weeks for a good cause.
We are so proud of him and miss him a lot! I know he's stressed - so send good vibes his way please. He needs it, and mountain dew. =)
Meanwhile we'll just keep taking lunch and dinner to his office. See you around Thanksgiving Ry!
-


7 comments:
should i be worried that your project is catching fire?!
Good luck Ryan! (and Barb and Sadie!) Jared is working on an Iphone App that needs to be out before thanksgiving since it's christmas related. He is so stressed out. He's definitely not writing a thesis, but I know the feeling of never seeing your hubby and them being stressed out. I hope you all make it in one piece! Thanks for the mtn dew idea. I need to buy my guy some! :)
hang in there! all 3 1/2 of you. i don't know how ANY of you do it! :) good luck ryan!!
Oh my goodness that's a really short amount of time! Good luck to all of you!
Hang in there, you can ALL do it!!!!
Good luck! I'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way!
I forgot you had a husband. That was mean. I'm just teasing. But really, I haven't seen my bro in law forever. I miss teasing him. So that's why I leave messages in sidewalk chalk or on the fridge in magnets. Miss you Ry, hope the words just flow onto the paper for you.
Post a Comment