GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Saturday, November 20, 2010

silly sadie

Last night Sadie swallowed an inch long plastic fork prong whole with her dinner...scared us half to death! It went down just fine, we didn't even know what she'd done until we saw her fork and after frantically searching couldn't find the prong anywhere. So...we know where it went. Silly girl. Her doctor said she'd be just fine...still makes me nervous.


We also went to pick up Ry from campus last night and he was just finishing testing the jet engine. So we're in the testing cell with Ry and 5 of his manly, very serious, engineering buddies who are very focused on what they're doing...most of which are single and don't really ever talk to girls (which makes this even funnier). We're sitting in the back trying to be quiet when Sadie strips her dolly down, sticks her up her shirt and announces loudly "I'm this dolly's mommy. She's in my tummy getting big and strong!" Pretty much my favorite moment of the day...and yes, I had no shame & whipped out the camera to take a picture instead of trying to get her to stop.


And lastly - I braided all of her hair for the first time the other day - it's so long! I couldn't believe it. Pretty girl. All Sadie updates...that's all I've got. Have a good weekend!

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Aw that's so cute! It's too bad you don't have the baby already and she was breastfeeding it. That probably would have made them uncomfortable too! lol She seems like such a smart sweet girl, ready to be a big sister!

Shirley said...

I mean breastfeeding her doll to mimic you, not breastfeeding the actual baby! :)

The Kippen House said...

Her hair is mega long! And I love the baby thing. Wait till she starts nursing her, it's awesome! So good to see you the other day! You around this week?

Troy said...

"This too shall pass"


Really, are you sure the fork was all there in the first place?

Barb said...

Completely sure cause I was helping her get some of her bites into her mouth...I was probably the one who fed her the fork! =(

Melissa said...

What else is there to talk about really. My blog is currently dedicated to addison's pee! Sadie sure is a cutie. Jealous of her long hair. Heading over to mom blog right now, "gratitude no entitlement" caught my eye. It is such a growing trend in EVERYONE EVERYWHERE right now I sure hope i can instill a work ethic and gratitude in addison too!