So apparently I am going to have a large baby with no explanation...this is a picture of the little, or rather, big tyke...his profile last week (31 weeks)...
He's measuring about 3 weeks early and I am measuring right on. So this little dude is pretty cramped. He has extra long legs (about 5 weeks too long) and a big head (about 4 weeks too big)...just about the last thing any pregnant lady wants to hear! Ry and I both think it'll be a mid to late January baby, not February as predicted.
He's apparently puzzled the doctors though - no gestational diabetes, I'm not overweight or measuring big - so we get another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see how he's grown.
My doctor said today "Well, he has me a little worried, so I want to keep an eye on him". Good news though - he won't let me go past 38 weeks, which means if he doesn't come on his own - I'll be induced on January 27th at the latest. Hooray! So I guess that's my "new", although not technical, due date.
I love you January 27th! Now to figure out his name...
A few things that are different this time around - he gets hiccups daily, Sadie never did. To count 10 movements with Sadie it took about 30 minutes on average - with this little dude, 3-5 minutes - he is SUPER active! I love him & his wiggly self already! Can't wait to see what he looks like!
Also - adema (water retention and swelling) this time - none last time. So...I have little sausage fingers that now adorn fake bling from wal-mart & my fingers go numb from the pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome. But, that'll all go away once he makes his appearance! Yay for only a few weeks left!
-


3 comments:
that carpal tunnel stuff stinks, but think about it! You're so close! i can't believe it! now step on it in the name department! :)
BADOS! that's so crazy! i'm so excited to meet the little man. he sounds like he's thrilled to make his enterance into the world. good luck:) keep me posted & merry christmas, friend!
hooray for your cute baby!!!!! :)
Post a Comment