GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

22 Weeks - Spaghetti Squash Baby

Baby-Schaefy is about the length of a spaghetti squash and weighs in around 1 pound. Her skin will continue to appear wrinkled until she gains enough weight to fill it out, and the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her head and body is now visible. Her lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath her gum line. Her eyes are developed, though the iris still lacks pigment. Eyelids and eyebrows are in place, and her pancreas, essential for hormone production, is developing steadily.

Baby-Schaefy's most active time of day is early in the morning. She wakes me up with a few gymnastic moves around 5am, and continues the routine for a couple of hours. It's so fun to just lie in bed and feel her move - if I get up, she stops. So I usually try to lie still for a while.


Amilia Taylor, the "Miracle Baby" is the youngest surviving baby - born at just 22 weeks gestation! After staying in the NICU for 4 months, she went home Feb '07, and is now a healthy little girl. Amazing abortion is still legal at 22 weeks...sorry to be on my abortion kick again - it just amazes me what people think they can justify. Plus, I thought this picture of her little feet was cute. If you want to read the whole story...

Miracle Baby - Amilia

4 comments:

MStevenson said...

crazy picture barb, the feet, not the squash.

I saw you tonight, and your belly looked so cute.

CAF said...

mmmmmmm, spaghetti squash....

hopefully when i grow it again in my garden this year it won't turn into some wierd pumpkin morphy thingy

Elicia said...

i want to see a pic of your belly! you should make a log and a scrap book out of the pictures!

Heidi said...

You should take a side shot picture of yourself every week until you deliver. I wish I had more pictures of me pregnant.