
I really, really am in need of a good book to read right now. Mostly so when Ryan is busy with homework I won't be constantly tempted to bug him and try to get his attention. =) I'm like a child...Pretty much any genre is good - I love gospel doctrine books (Believing Christ is one of my fav's), the Twilight series was way good & just an easy read, and I started to read The Lovely Bones...but, have yet to finish it. I am home alone way too much right now to let my imagination go in a murder mystery, even though I do like them. I'm always trying to read the classics, just for the sake of reading them, but I can't get into them - they're not grabbing enough. So...any and all suggestions would be much appreciated!

9 comments:
Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10
Non Fiction
by Marcus Luttre
-----------------
An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
by Glenn Beck
Jeff suggests that you watch the star wars movies - he's so disappointed in you for not having seen even the classic ones. :)
all I've read lately is some harry potter. unfortunately, you hate him :)
ps - jeff says it's really familiar, that part about you bothering ryan while he's doing homework.
Dianna refused to put on my list
Lord of the Rings
Count of Monte Cristo
any other CLASSIC! :P
and once you finished watching the Star Wars saga, you can read the Thrawn trilogy and the New Jedi Order series. Both are extremely good.
Couple of uplifting books:
Can't Wait to Get to Heaven by Fannie Flagg
All of the Mitford Series by Jan Karon (it's best to read these in order - book 1 is At Home in Mitford)
Language and subject in these are good
But a pregnant woman should have a box of tissues handy. I cried when I read these books and I didn't have a hormone issue!
We loved the movie Stardust and I heard the book was even better but I haven't even read the Twilight books yet so I'm not very good at recommendations. I have gotten into beading for while Jake is doing homework. Let me know if you want to get started cause the bracelets and earings make really good gifts and its much cheaper than buyng the same stuff at the stores. Jake can prob tell you more, oh ya we read Jane Eyre together and loved it... anywho hope you are doing well w/the little one
Hey, haven't we had this discussion before??
1 good suggestion:
The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud. Good, humorous books that aren't too hard to get into.
1 not-so-good suggestion:
The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Excellent books, but each of the 11 books are at least 600 pages, and some parts get pretty chewy. Still a good investment, if you ask me.
i really like mystery books... there is this one series i burned through because i had time to read a lot, it is the Jenny McGrady series, but Patricia ruthaford. i read them when i was like 12 and such, but still like to visit them once and a while... i also like these one books that dianna used to read, and then recommended them to me, but i can't remember the authors name... how sad!
i found one at the library that I think I said you should read (elicia) it's by joan lowry nixon... i think is her name you should look it up on amazon and see if you remember them. Also, I remember we used to read some good mystery ones that were based on the internet or something and I can't remember what they were. I am a big fan of christopher pike too. some of them might be for the teen set but i still love them.
Post a Comment