GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

28 Weeks - Chinese Cabbage Baby

By this week, Baby-Schaefy weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see light that filters in through my tummy. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preperation for life in the outside world.

Baby-Schaefy's active time of day has definitely changed - she's now relatively quiet in the morning, or maybe I just sleep through it now, then she goes nuts around 5pm while I'm at work - and again before bed. I can really tell she's getting bigger & her new thing this week is to kick me in the right rib repeatadly, or just keep her foot jammed into it as long as possible. So I've been sitting up straight a lot more trying to relieve some of that pressure. At least I'll have good posture! =)

Ry and I registered at Babies R Us & Target last Saturday so my mother-in-law can view the items we want online. It was fun, but it took a long time! Who knew there were so many things you could get for baby! I was thinking we'd just register for a handful of items - but then we found out we can get 20% off all items on our registry after she's born that no one bought for us...so then we went scanner crazy! Both can be viewed online...mostly I'm just really excited about the Travel System (car seat/stroller) we picked. It's way cute.
Oh, and I'm officially in the 3rd trimester now, and this is the first week of the 7th month! Wow.

8 comments:

Elicia said...

wow! your counter says just 85 days left!!! yay!

Anonymous said...

Emma was in my right side the whole time, I was constantly pushing her down trying to move her, it hurts bad!!! yay that your in the third trimester now, that means it is going to get really uncomfortable from here on out, arent you so excited?? no but it is great I am so excited for you!

D'N'J said...

so when is the baby shower? i wanna go shopping! :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't get really uncomfortable with my third until about three weeks before he was born (the whole process gets easier each time). I can remember mentioning my discomfort to my doctor (who really is very sweet and I absolutely love her) but she and her nurse exchanged glances while I complained and then she said, "Yeah, it's getting to be that time."
I wish I could say that it is likely you'll get comfortable before giving birth. I'm afraid your next shot at "comfort" is about three weeks after she's born. I have heard people say that swimming really helped them, I just wasn't ever very keen on the idea of forcing my pregnant self into a swimming suit. A bath would probably help, just not too hot and not for too long.

MStevenson said...

I can remember being this far with Wellsy like it was yesterday...its going to happen so fast. You'll be a great Mom!

And D I have your invite...I just need to bring it over, or get your address and I'll send it to you...email your address to me just so I have it anyway. mel@melarky.com

MStevenson said...

test

MStevenson said...

okay, sorry I was testing out my new picture...barb, which one do you like better??

D'N'J said...

your face is very glowy!