GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Week of Crazy...

Five short stories...

A week and a half ago on Monday we found out we qualified to move into these great brand new homes (I promise I'll post pics...) - we signed the lease that night and started packing! We were so excited and feeling so blessed to have such a nice place to live with our new baby girl on the way.

The next day, Tuesday, Ry went to a job fair at Hill Air Force Base, not expecting anything. He had already applied for a civilian Engineering job with them months ago and hadn't heard a word. So thinking that they'd given the position to someone else, he went anyways - ready to apply for any new positions that may have opened up. While there, he met the gentlemen that he had emailed about the original position, and after introducing himself by name - the guy said "Oh, I need to talk to you!" Turns out he had emailed Ry the night before about the job, but Ry had never received the email. All he had to do now was wait for the official offer & accept it! Good thing he went to that job fair! We may have never found out they wanted him! The job starts in August - so we'll be moving again then...funny, eh? So weird how things work out. The Lord knows what we need, and when we need it - that's for sure.

Wednesday, after eating dinner, Ry went to rinse his plate, accidently dropped it in the sink, and a small piece of glass flew right into his eye! Neither of us knew what to do - he was keeping his eye shut trying not to scratch his eye and I was running around saying - "Who should I call?! Would your mom know what to do?" I only slightly panicked...then Ry just had to trust me and I finally got it out with a teeny piece of toilet paper dry enough so the glass would stick to it. It was a little scary to say the least.

Thursday for Valentines we went to eat at the Mandarin Garden, gotta love chinese! It was packed, the tables were closer together and we shared Tiny Spicy Chicken. Half way through the meal Ryan started choking on his tiny spicy! He has this crazy funnel-shaped throat, so sometimes things get stuck on the way down. He took a drink to get the bite to go down - which usually works. But instead just got root beer stuck, and the spicy up his nose...I have only heard of this problem - I've never actually seen him get anything really stuck before. So maybe I freaked out & asked him in a loud enough voice for others to hear if he needed the hymlic. He ran to the bathroom and with some hacking & a glass of water all was well again. This was not a fun experience...I felt so helpless. Then for the rest of the meal I kept telling him to chew more and take small bites. =) I'm sure he loved it!

And then moving was exhilarating and exhausting on Saturday, and we're still working on that.

This last Monday Ry & our bro-in-law worked on our poor sick car for nearly 12 hours...trying to replace the Intake Manifold or the Head Gasket or something really hard to get to. After doing all they could they finally had to give up and we came back to Logan without the car, which is now in the shop.

Needless to say it has been a week of crazy! Ups & Downs - blessings and trials. And such is life. But we are good, and happy, and hoping to get the internet at home sometime soon. Or at least get our kitchen unpacked so we can eat like real people again. My parents have been keeping us alive everyday with little meals and helping us finish moving/cleaning, etc. They're troopers!

And just a quick shoutout to all those who pitched in to help us move this last week - thank you sooo much!! You're all amazing!! And for those of you who read to the end of this ridiculously long post, you're amazing too! =)

7 comments:

Elicia said...

Yay! i made it!
wow! that's some stuff to get through, but notice it all happened to Ryan! anyway, i'm glad nobody was seriously hurt, and congrats ryan, for getting that really cool job! is that the base down in ogden, where they have a small museum, and there is like, a cliff or something.... i don't remember much about ogden, but i do remember that! i think...

CAF said...

Wait I thought you were going to stay at that new place even while Ryan works at Hill.

You guys are too busy!

MStevenson said...

Yes, Ryan is always ruining Valentines dinner, and fooling around while he's supposed to be doing dishes.

Just kidding Ry, I can't stop teasing...its a sickness.

I'm glad you guys are in such a nice place...and everything is going good.

I'll help you somemore later.

Vernos said...

My goodness! I can't believe the Ry traumas. I'm glad he's ok and u ar too. Congrats on the new place and job, thats awesome. Where will the new job take you in the fall? PS. post some pics of that belly.

Troy said...

Sounds like a really busy week and I . . . .

wait a sec. did you say that Ry is trained to rinse his dishes?!?!?!

SWEEEEET!

Amanda Petersen said...

HOLY CRAP WOMAN!! wow, you guys that's just insane, i had no idea! looks like movings in the air all of the sudden! i'm calling you today, but in the mean time, i'm glad you're both alive and well, sounds like a trying week!

BlondieBlueEyes said...

I am so Happy for you. The new house is so EXCITING. I can't wait to see it. SO FUN! New baby, New house=great future.

I would have panicked like CRAZY. Scott would have had to call for help on his own then take out the glass himself. I did make him drive himself to Insta-care when he broke a bone in his wrist 9 years ago. BAD WIFE, I know. TRUE story.