GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

31 Weeks - Four Orange Baby, or Not

Following this guide online is getting increasingly harder since we now know that Baby-Schaefy is a big girl! So the info isn't exactly where she is - she weighs about a pound more and is longer than what is below. But...we'll still post it for fun. Oh, and more ultrasound pics next week. Very exciting!

"Baby-Schaefy measures over 16 inches long and weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt (think we already did that one). She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin."

The real scoop: she's huge! She is a really active little girl and loves to kick and roll and stretch all the time. Her favorite is to put her feet up into my ribs on my right side - I used to be able to rub her little foot to get her to move down. That doesn't work so much anymore. She seems to really like rubs now and will keep her foot/back/bum/arm/leg - whatever she is poking out at the time - in place to get a rub. After I told Ry this, he said, "Gee, I wonder what side of the family she takes after..." I do love getting my feet and back rubbed. =) It is so fun to see her personality come through more and more. She is darn cute and we love her so much! Now if only we could figure out what to name her...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

3.3 pounds is also just shy of a small bag of sugar. I can remember tossing one of those at Jared when I was pregnant with Tess and telling him that she was that big now.
Good luck with the name, naming kids is really hard. Just pick something that you both really like and remember that you can't please everybody. We sort of got caught up with four letter names for our kids (Noah, Tess and Tate) but there were a few names I like that we just too long, like Claire and Amelia.
You may have already seen it but if you Google "Name Voyager" you can find a cool (and free) program that shows how popular the name you like is, and has been. I think it shows the trends for the last 100 years or something...very fun to play with. Are you going to let people know what you pick or are you one of those people who keep it a secret? Not that I have a strong dislike for those people or anything like that...

CAF said...

Um, yah. That's a Farmer trait. Sweeeeeet.

Heather said...

So exciting, you are so close! And I loved feeling all of the kicks and thumps too, it's so reassuring, isn't it!

Bobbie said...

When is your next check up?

I am wondering if they will change the due date.

I am one excited Grandma!!

Barbara you are doing soooo good!

Love you!
Mom

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

I just you should name her... Hannah. just sayin'

MStevenson said...

We didn't know till we already had him, then I was like, we should name him before our parents come visit us.

Take a baby name book with you to the hospital I guess, or the list of possibles you've made.

You really will know when you see her.

BlondieBlueEyes said...

So soon. Sleep, SLEEP, SLEEP, before she gets here.

BlondieBlueEyes said...

Naming our kids was pretty easy. I named them all. I had their names picked out before they were here and they all FIT beautifully. Good Luck.

BlondieBlueEyes said...

The hardest part was convincing Scott that Estee was IT. The more he heard the name the more it grew on him. I love hearing her say her own name it is the cutest. I am Esee.