GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Obama on Partial Birth Abortions

I really try hard not to get on my political soapbox too much on this blog, since most people don't appreciate it, and probably don't read those posts (except you Troy). But I have to this time.

I recently saw an interview of a young woman (early 20's) who is a survivor of a failed abortion attempt. If the abortionist had been on call he would have ended her life after she had been born alive. Luckily for her, he wasn't there, and the nurse on duty had her transfered to the ER & she was saved. Weighing in at only 2 lbs & having gone through a lot physically already - she is now a productive healthy young woman who is speaking out against Obama & his voting record.

As a senator he has voted 4 out of 4 times to prevent medical care to be given to babies born after abortion attempts failed. Meaning - they are born alive, and he believes they should just die instead of being saved like this young woman was. What!? People think they can justify abortion - but how can they justify this? I am Pro-Life hands down - I believe that women should have a choice, and they already made that choice upon conception. After that, they have to face the consequences. And yes, sometimes the choice is taken from a woman when she is raped & conceives. But even then, she should know what it is like to have her free will removed from her & should be willing to give that baby a chance to live. And adoption is a good thing! The woman doesn't have to raise the child, just give it a chance to live & be raised by people who want it.

Click Here to read other disturbing things about Obama's voting record on certain issues. In the article I love how it mentions that Obama looks presidential and speaks eloquently - but that doesn't necessarily mean he is ready to be president. Get educated on the issues! Oh, and if you're not sure what a partial birth abortion is - find out. I won't describe it here, a little too much for my blog. Amen.

9 comments:

Elicia said...

I have a friend who had gotten pregnant, and she had the baby, and found a family who was willing to take her child and care for her. they are still in touch. i'm just glad that she understood that she wouldn't be able to take care of the child and i admire her decision.

D'N'J said...

partial? i've never even heard of that, and i'm not really sure i want to know. i'll take your word for it. i'm really bothered by this.

ps - you should soap more often, i like it. except when dad does sometimes, it's too smart for me! :) but i still appreciate it.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the post Barbara! I so often want to go off, but I am a too much a wussy. I don't want to deal with the people that dont agree with me. But I am glad you did it. I have been thinking about abortions so much lately. it seems like everything you read and here in mainstream media make it sound like EVERYONE think abortions is a big step in Women's rights. I don't. I don't see how it is legal for someone to committ murder because they don't want to deal with the consequences of there actions. Kudos for standing up for what you believe. I read about partial birth abortions on wikipedia and I almost barfed. How is this ok. And it only intesifies after you become a mother.

robin said...

To Dianna - it's gruesome, you don't want to know.

I heard this woman interviewed on the radio. She still has some health problems stemming from her birth. But she has to be the happiest person I have ever heard.

Look around you - and ask yourself which one of the people around you should have been aborted - which one shouldn't be here. I agreed with Barb - women can make a choice BEFORE getting pregnant. After that the decision is not just about you, you have involved another human being.

Troy said...

Home run barb! Not many people want to realize that there is real evil in the world, let alone masquerading around as a physician.

. . . when I post something political on my blog I hardly get any comments?! How do you do it?! :)

Elicia said...

i just sometimes don't understand what you talk about dad. so i don't comment. do you think you can include a dummies section? ;)

Barb said...

I love it when you're political Troy - those & your Sunday Thoughts.

Bobbie said...

Elicia, you are not alone!

Politics for Dummies. Go Troy Go.

Signed, Annonymouse

D'N'J said...

yeah, dad, dumb it down for us! :)