
Thanks Heidi for sharing this recipe with me! So delicious. I made them Sunday & my in-laws approved. Now I will pass on the goodness to my readers...
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- dipping chocolate
Mix frosting & cake mix till combined. This is a little tough - I had to get in there with my hands and knead it like dough. Then roll into small balls, place on wax paper. Dip immediately in melted chocolate. I used 4 different kinds because I was trying to get rid of leftover dipping chocolate I've had for awhile. Hands down - Western Family Almond Bark was by far the best texture, melting consistency, smoothness when cooled, and best tasting. So, there you go! Enjoy! Just make sure you have a glass of milk handy!
Oh - and I also think it would be fun to do Red Velvet cake mix with white & milk chocolate coating...
9 comments:
ack! no! must not look! i'm getting fatter just reading!
dianna
do you make the cake mix first? to you bake it? I'm confused:)
Nope - just mix plain cake mix straight from the box (just the powder) with the frosting. Do not bake it or add anything else. Only those 3 ingredients. And to get all the powder of the cake mix blended with the frosting I did have to knead it with my hands. A spoon just won't do the trick.
And I also want to try chocolate cake mix & frosting with a mint coating...that sounds delicious!
I thought you made the cake too. Shows you how much I know. but they are great!
Umm...I might be retarded.
I made mine as stated & they turned out super yummy. But after Mel's comment I looked up a few different recipe sites & they all baked the cake as directed, crumbled it in a bowl when cool & then mixed with frosting. So...Heidi? How did you do yours?
If you want to skip the baking - my way turns out really good too. Go figure.
This is my drooling all over my computer at 8:21 a.m. because those sound delish! I hope at least part of my overly active sweet tooth disappears after this pregnancy. I can't stop myself most days!!!
I'm so glad you posted this...My friend made those for Easter (she shaped them into ovals like an Easter Egg, clever, huh...anyway, she did not bake the cake. It was ultra yummy. And she did white chocolate on the outside. with sprinkles...again, so it looked like an easter egg. SO YUMMY I WANTED TO EAT THE WHOLE PLATE! But I didn't ask her for the exact recipe, so I'm glad you posted this. Now I can go make them and eat the whole batch myself!
When I made mine I did bake teh cake first according to the package directions. But at leaast we know that it works both ways. I got the recipe for bakerella.com and when she did her red velvet cake she used a can of cream cheese frosting with it. Oh the possibilities of combinations! YUM!
Post a Comment