I caught the bug again - the reading bug. I love the reading bug. Sometimes it eludes me, but when I've got it - boy oh boy, I can read a whopper in just a few days. Just finished Twilight for the second time - I read it about 3 years ago. And yes, it is by far, better than the movies. Love the books. Easy and entertaining. Sometimes I don't want to think when I read - I just want to be entertained.
Now I'm reading So Big - I'm only on page 8...so I'll let you know. So far so good. And when I read this much I wear my glasses all of the time. I get headaches if I take them on and off (and since I haven't taken in my contact prescription yet, it's glasses)...so go ahead - call me 4 eyes!
Yesterday morning Sadie ran into the livingroom and came back with my book and glasses for me - so thoughtful. She knows when I get sucked in. She wants to read so bad. She'll sit right next to me staring at the pages full of words - pointing out all the S's - "It's an S! For me!"...then she'll ask me "what's that word?". So cute, and so distracting.
There is just something so wonderful about getting sucked into a world you've never been too, surrounded by characters that become so real. Do you have a favorite book to get lost in?
-

3 comments:
I wish I was a better reader. I just don't make the time to read, I'd rather read blogs!! I still haven't read the Twilight books yet although I own the first one. Good for you:)
one of my all time favorite books is Jurassic Park. I read if the first time in 6th grade and i could actually picture myself there. I usually skipped the first few chapters that talked in detail about chaos' theory. Boring! Being chased by velociraptors...EXCITING!! But i think it was a bit gory and there was some questionable language so read at your own risk. :)
Try the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare, they were really good (an easy read). I just finished reading Maggie Stievater's books-Shiver (which was AMAZING!!!) and Linger.
Post a Comment